💵poker face💵 kuroba kaito x reader

A/n: Before this starts, I want to let you guys know that I know literally nothing about gambling, so please forgive any errors or inconsistencies, even though I did my research thoroughly.

😂

⚠️Warning: Includes gambling and some swearing⚠️

You sat at the poker table, waiting for someone to show up and play with you. Sighing, you absentmindedly fiddled with a green poker chip lying nearby.

"Do you mind if I play a round or two with you?"

You looked up to see a rather handsome young man dressed in a suit and tie with shocking violet eyes. Not surprising, given this casino was more of a higher-end one.

"Sure."

"Texas Hold'em?"

"Sounds good to me."

He took a seat across the table from you and you summoned the dealer.

"I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas, please."

"It looks like I get the big blind, so I'll bet fifteen for starters," you say, pushing a red poker chip with the number "five" on it into the pot.

"Fold 'em, let 'em hit me, raise me, baby, stay with me."

"Then I'll bet ten as the little blind," replies the young man, winking at you as he did the same. You fought hard to keep the blush off your face.

"Love game intuition, play the game with spades to start."

"Dealer, we're ready."

"And after he's been hooked, I'll play the one that's on his heart."

He nodded and doled out two cards to each of you. Once he was done, you took a look at your cards, the young man across from you doing the same.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh-e-oh-oh-oh."

Your hand was alright. Keeping your poker face, you snuck a peek at the guy across from you. His face showed nothing.

"I'll get him hot, show him what I've got."

Damn, he's got a good poker face, you thought. Now, should I increase my bet or fold? You know what, I'll bet.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh-e-oh-oh-oh."

"Bet," you say, sliding six white poker chips over.

"I'll get him hot, show him what I've got."

"I'll bet too," says the young man, sliding a red chip and three white ones across.

"Can't read my, can't read my, no, he can't read my poker face."

He's betting eight? Huh...

"Can't read my, can't read my, no, he can't read my poker face."

Once the dealer had scooped all the chips into the pot, he doled out three face-up cards.

"P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face."

"Second betting round."

"P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face."

You compared them to your two house cards. Rearranged, you had three of a kind. Decent, but not the best.