✨blinding lights✨ kudo shinichi x reader

Kudo Shinichi lay fully awake in his bed, tossing and turning whilst staring up at his ceiling.

"I been tryna call."

It was three am. For some odd reason, he just couldn't fall asleep no matter what he did.

Not like it was out of the ordinary anyway.

"I been on my own for long enough."

Finally giving up on trying to fall asleep, he slowly crawled out of bed and shuffled to his desk. He might as well do some cold casework while he was at it.

"Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe."

Turning on the lamp, he settled into his armchair and dug out the file he was working on earlier today. He was almost done with it; all he needed was to find that damming piece of evidence and the case would be closed.

"I'm going through withdrawals."

He stared at the words in front of him, the hiragana spinning in circles and the kanji blurring and distorting in front of his eyes.

"Oh my god..." he groaned to himself. "Just focus for once..."

"You don't even have to do too much."

He debated whether he should make himself a cup of coffee or not. He eventually decided against it. He would have to sleep eventually and if you found out, he wouldn't hear the end of it.

The thought of you made Shinichi smile.

"You can turn me on with just a touch, baby."

"I wish (y/n) was here right now..." he murmured to himself. "Her opinion would surely help me solve this case. And she'd help me fall asleep for sure."

"I look around and Sin City's cold and empty (oh)."

He shot a glance toward his phone.

"I wonder if she's up and awake at this hour?"

"No one's around to judge me (oh)."

He stared at his phone for a few more seconds before shaking his head.

"Nah. She can't be. (Y/n) sleeps like a log anyway. I doubt even a tornado would wake her up."

"I can't see clearly when you're gone."

He turned his attention back to the documents when almost as if on cue, his phone buzzed with a received message.

"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights."

"A message?" he asked himself as he scooted himself over and picked up his phone. "From who at this late of an hour?"

"No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."

To his surprise, the text message was from you.

To: Shinichi

Hey, are you up?

"I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night."