😂april fool's😂 kuroba kaito x reader (crack-ish)

You awoke to the six am early morning light streaming in through the blinds.

"Mmm... good morning, Kaito," you murmured on autopilot. You waited to hear his usual response back but heard none.

Frowning, you stare at the empty space next to you, where Kaito usually slept.

"Kaito?"

You sat up, the blankets tumbling off of you and your hair a mess. Your eyes weren't deceiving you; Kaito really wasn't there. That was strange. He usually woke up next to you each morning.

For a second, you were terrified that Kaito didn't want you anymore and left you in the middle of the night.

Nah... maybe he just got up early to make breakfast?

Tumbling out of bed, you put your slippers on and shuffle toward the door, rubbing the sleep out your eyes.

So tired were you that you didn't notice the shiny, plastic-esque sheen covering the door frame until it was too late.

You walked straight into the plastic wrap covering the door and recoiled in shock.

"Agh-! What?"

Kaito appeared from the base of the stairs, a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Good morning, (y/n)!"

"Kaito! What is the meaning of this?"

His grin only grew wider.

"Happy April Fool's Day, (y/n)!"

Your eyes narrowed and the gears of your mind were already spinning with diabolical plans. At six am in the morning.

Oh, it was so on.

***

"Aoko, I need your help today."

"Alright. What is it, (y/n)?"

You sidled in close to her ear. "It's April Fool's Day. This means war between Kaito and me."

She grinned devilishly. "Count me in."

Today was a half-day for some reason, meaning you'd get out of school at about ten or so. It was currently seven am, but you already had a plan in your mind.

"Aoko, keep a lookout for Kaito."

"Got it," she said, planting herself firmly in front of Kaito's desk as you got to work.

Reaching into your bag, you pulled out an air horn and some duct tape. You held the air horn against the base of the chair and taped it there so when Kaito sat down, it would go off. You finished taping it down in about five minutes.

"Done," you say, dusting your hands off and taking a seat at your desk right as Kaito walked in.

"' Morning (y/n)," he greeted as he stopped by your desk and kissed you. Aoko melted into a gooey fangirl puddle beside you.

"Aww, aren't you two the cutest?"

You shot her a dirty glare before kissing Kaito back. You tried not to laugh through it.

Pulling away, he set his bag next to his desk before taking his seat as the teacher walked in to take attendance. You stared at him, waiting for the golden moment.