🎐tourner dans le vide🎐 kuroba kaito x reader

Your high heels clicked up the marble stairs to the palace as you stopped in front of the entrance. You had been invited here for a royal ball and already, you were feeling nervous.

«Il était brun, le teint basané. »

You saw a royal guard and took off your jacket, revealing your simple white dress. Handing it to him, he barely spared a glance at it before tossing it into the fire next to him.

«Le regarde timide, les mains toutes abîmées. »

Wha...?

You stared at him for a bit. He had gone back to standing and acting as if nothing had happened.

«Il taillait la pierre fils d'ouvrier.»

You hesitantly push the grand double doors open. They creaked obnoxiously loud and you winced and cautiously stepped inside, ascending the marble stairs and pushing open the white doors.

Everyone inside turned to stare and cleared the way for you, though not in a good way. One lady looked at you with a clear expression of disgust on her face and backed away from you. You noticed how everyone was wearing black and you were the only one wearing white.

« Il en était fier, mais pourquoi vous riez? »

You stared up at a portrait on the wall. The person in the painting was a sculptor and looked very much like your lover Kaito, with his brown hair and warm blue eyes.

The crowd pressed in on you, laughing silently in your ear. A young woman wearing a black dress with a plunging neckline laughed and pointed at your dress.

From the corner of the room, the crown prince sitting on a throne got up and headed in your direction.

« Non, ne le jugez pas. »

He intercepted your path and took your hand, sinking into a bow and moving to kiss it.

You sharply yanked your hand away in disgust and walked off, not even sparing a glance at him.

« Vous qui ne connaissez pas. »

You hated the crown prince and his ways of trying to woo you. He knew you already had Kaito, and he still tried to hit on you. Kaito was your one and only, and you only had eyes for him.

The crown prince stood rooted in place, staring at his hand you'd just rejected. No one had ever done that to him before. No one dared to.

« Les vertiges et labeur. »

The portrait you had been staring at seemed to move before your eyes. The Kaito lookalike smiled down at you before setting his tools down.

« Vous êtes faussement heureux, vous troquez vos valeurs. »

You weren't blind to the doings of the crown prince, unlike everybody else. You knew of his unsavory doings and how much of a despicable man he was.

« Lui, il est tout mon monde, et bien plus que ça. »

The sculptor Kaito dipped into a bow, holding out something between his fingertips for you. You extended your hand, reaching for it.