"innocent until proven guilty"- yandere ??? x gn!reader

I had several people request a yandere Shinichi chapter, so I took some creative liberties with the details of it- I hope you don't mind.

This is the type of story where you don't know who the true yandere is.

If you are under the age of 16, do not read this. The content in this is not suitable for you and is intended for maturer audiences. If I find that you are under the age of 16 and have read this, I will block you without exceptions.

Cw: stalking, yandere, non-consensual photography, murder, implied drugging.

The evidence board in front of you is but a mess of brightly colored strings, linking all the suspects together to their evidence. The mere sight of it is giving you a headache- no surprise, as you had been analyzing it for days on end- and you sit back, feeling the start of a familiar headache in your temples.

Your eyes flick from photo to evidence, trying to see if you had missed any potential connections, no matter how faint they might be.

Was it them? But that seems out of character for them... could it be another person?

The crisp and chill autumn wind howls outside your open dorm window and a gale breeze sweeps through your room, creating a wake of fluttering papers and threatening to upheave everything. The evidence on the board struggles against the thumbtacks, threatening to fly away like your train of thought.

All of them are equally suspicious.

So the question is: Who did it?

***

"Good morning, Miss (Y/N). Did you sleep well last night?"

The sound of a paper cup being placed in front of you makes you pause. You glance up from your laptop at the familiar voice, tired eyes telling the story.

"Thank you, Saguru, for the coffee. But must you really ask me that question?"

Hakuba Saguru. A classmate you shared many classes with and a fellow criminal law student. Kindly brown eyes smile down at you as he gently takes your phone out of your hands and sets it face down on the table. The steaming cup of coffee is guided into your hands instead.

He chuckles.

"My apologies then, Miss (Y/N)."

You take a grateful sip, glad that you have such a reliable friend this early in the morning to energize you.

It's also my favorite order, you realize while sneaking a glance at him as he settles into the seat next to you. His auburn hair gleams even underneath the fluorescent lights of the lecture hall that was rapidly beginning to fill up with students as the start of the school day drew closer. His starched white button-up and navy dress slacks bore zero wrinkles, even as he leaned over to pull out the materials necessary for today's test. Polished brown Oxfords create a barely audible thump over the chatter of a lecture hall full of students as he taps his foot and waits for class to begin.

All in all, the very image of a well-off young man with an air of arrogance around him. But being friends with him ever since your first year of law school had its benefits. You know of the soft heart and sense of righteousness that lies beneath that rich boy exterior when he sends you text messages late at night reminding you to sleep, or when he brings you your favorite coffee.

Like today, for example. The mere thought of it brings a faint smile to your face and you pull out your laptop to review.

After some time, Saguru looks over at you.

🎉 You've finished reading "𝒯𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎'𝓈 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂" -Gosho boys x reader 🎉