🍋lemon🍋 kuroba kaito x reader (pt. 2)

Today was the big day.

Your first public appearance as Kaito Kid.

You had spent months preparing in advance. Learning the layout of the building, mastering the use of Kaito's gadgets, practicing magic over and over until you became proficient at it. You were no master like Kaito yet, but you could hold your ground.

Today was when everything was put to the test. Jii-chan had been strongly against you taking up the mantle of Kaito Kid but had given up once he saw just how determined you were.

There was one hour until the heist started. You stood in front of the mirror and nervously licked your lips.

"Hey... Kaito. If you're listening right now, please, lend me some of your strength."

You rested your fingertips on the mirror, taking a deep breath.

"(Y/n)-sama, it's time to go."

That was Jii-chan. Following him out of the house, you piled into the car's backseat as he sped off.

The heist was being held at a museum. Your target was a topaz renowned for being one of the purest uncut ones in the world with its extremely rare sherry pink color. It was called "Alexandria", named after where it was discovered.

Fifteen minutes later, you pulled up to the museum. The crowds were packed. You gulped. The phantom thief equivalent of stage fright was taking hold. It was no surprise the crowds were huge. Kaito Kid has vanished from the scene for about four months before making a sudden reappearance. Of course his fans were going to be ecstatic.

You and Jii-chan were going in as museum security. Hiding behind a nearby building, you quickly change and walk out, heading your separate ways. He had given you a separate earpiece to communicate directly with you.

"How's it going?" you ask as you walk in through the front door.

"So far, so good, (y/n)-sama."

You examine your surroundings. Nothing out the ordinary. As you rounded the corner, you froze.

Poker face, (y/n)! Poker face...

The two greatest teen detectives were there. Kudo Shinichi and Saguru Hakuba. Saguru also happened to be your classmate and knew that Kaito was your boyfriend. He also highly suspected Kaito of having been Kaito Kid and knew he had died. So for another Kaito Kid to show up a few months later... all the evidence pointed to you.

Oh god, why...?

You bit your lip and composed yourself before walking out past them. You tried so hard not to let your panicked state show.

You walked past them without a hitch. They were deep in conversation. Something about Holmes, it sounded like. At the end of the hall, you risk a peek back. They didn't make eye contact with you. Thank god they didn't, because although you were wearing contacts and a wig, you doubted they'd fall for that.

You checked your watch. Forty-five minutes left. You had examined the whole first floor. Time to move onto the second, where the gem was located.

You quickly run up the stairs, saying hello to another security guard along the way. Gotta act normal, after all.

The second floor was completely devoid of people except for museum security and a shit ton of police. You panicked for a second before calming down and thinking it through the way Kaito would've done.

"𝒯𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎'𝓈 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂" -Gosho boys x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara