☠️el libro de la muerte☠️ yandere!saguru hakuba x reader (death note!au)

El libro de la muerte: Spanish, lit. meaning, The book from death.

A/n: I saw that fan art the other day and I had to.

⚠️Warning: Includes swearing⚠️

(Rl/n)= ringleader's name

"Hey, have you heard of those killings going around?"

"You mean, the ones about criminals and how they're all dying of heart attacks and freak accidents?"

"Rumor on the internet has it that someone is behind all of it."

"Someone? As in a person?"

Kira, that's who the person was. The number one talk topic right now. A serial killer who went around, doling out death to the scum of society: murderers, kidnappers, rapists, and the like. Hailed as the god of a new world, his reign was becoming increasingly unstoppable. A sort of moral Robin Hood, in a sense.

"They so deserve their punishment! It's justice!"

"All hail Kira!"

You glared at the group of people in front of you. "Kira is probably just some stupid megalomaniac kid who thinks he's so righteous, playing at god," you mutter under your breath.

That got the attention of a certain someone.

"Hm? What was that, (y/n)?"

You shot a glance at the voice, which came from behind you. You cursed and groaned mentally once you saw who it was.

Saguru Hakuba. The perfect person. Straight-A model student, a true gentleman, and charming, garnering the hearts of all the ladies. He sat behind you in class, but you never really talked to him. So why now?

"What was what?" you ask, feigning ignorance.

"Don't play dumb with me, (y/n). I know you're smarter than that. About what you just said, something involving Kira, right?" He finished his sentence with a wink, which earned an involuntary blush and butterflies in your stomach.

Damn. You knew it was no use trying to fake your way out of it. He was too smart to let it slip under the radar.

"Fine," you grumble. "About Kira, I think he's just some bumbling megalomaniac kid who thinks he's so self-righteous by playing at god, that's all!" You turn around in your seat with a huff and spin your pencil around your thumb, waiting for the bell to ring.

The bell rang a few seconds later. Everyone scurried back to their seats and waited for the teacher to walk in. Saguru took his seat behind you and stared at the back of your head and your (h/c) locks. He so desperately wanted to run his hands through your oh-so-soft and shiny hair. He had to fight the urge to do so.

You really are perfect, (y/n). Perfect for me.

"Hey, Saguru," rasped a voice only he could hear. "You look really creepy right now, I'm just gonna say that."

His eyes flicked to the left for a moment to see Ryuk, the shinigami visible only to him. His mouth twitched downwards slightly.

"I'm just saying. You look like some sort of crazed stalker, staring at (y/n) like that."

Saguru wrote something on the corner of his notebook and pushed it just the slightest towards Ryuk. He ambled over to take a look.

"Talk to you at lunch...? Alright, see you then."

***

"Isn't the weather absolutely gorgeous today, (y/n)?"