💔somebody that I used to know💔 kudo shinichi x reader

Just got back from a date with @one_truth_prevails! I had such a good time! We should definitely see each other again!

You subconsciously furrowed your brows and clenched your teeth while reading the Instagram caption. The picture was one of your former boyfriend, Kudo Shinichi, and his childhood friend, Ran Mouri.

Who was also his girlfriend now.

"Now and then, I think of when we were together."

The picture was taken in front of Tropical Land amusement park's princess castle. A sharp pang of jealousy stabbed you as you went through your photos and saw a picture of you and Shinichi in the same spot.

"Like when you said you felt so happy, you could die."

You rolled over onto your other side and went through the other photos in your camera roll that you couldn't bear to delete.

"Told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company."

You found the thirty-something collection of photos from your date at Tropical Land. At the time, you thought you two were perfect for each other. But looking back now in retrospect, you realized something was missing that you had overlooked back then.

"But that's was love, and it's an ache I still remember."

It still hurt, even as you scrolled through the photos taken from a few months ago. You thought the pain would fade, but it didn't.

"You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness."

Towards the end of your relationship with Shinichi, you had felt sad for some reason. It was only until after you had broken up that you realized what it was. It just wasn't working. Shinichi didn't fully love you, and that was the root of the feeling.

"Like resignation to the end, always the end."

But you were convinced then that it would change, that he hadn't made up his mind yet. You were resigned and determined to stick it through with him all the way to the very end.

"So when we found out that we could not make sense, well, you said that we would still be friends."

Only to find out he didn't feel the same way.

"But I'll admit that I was glad it was over."

You remembered your breakup like it was yesterday, even though in reality, it had been about a four months or so.

"Hey, (y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something. Please don't be offended by this."

You knew what was coming. Shinichi could tell that you knew as well.

"I just think that, well, we should break up..."

You were silent for a moment. You had  predicted this moment for a while, but it still hurt and stunned you.

"I mean, I can see why. This relationship isn't working the way we made it to be. So, for the good of both of us, I think it's better if we do..."