🍳cooking lessons🍳 kudo shinichi x reader

Summary: You're staying over at Shinichi's house for spring break when you discover he can't cook for shit.

"Hey, Shinichi. What's for dinner?"

Shinichi poked his head out from the library doorway with a book in his hand.

"How about instant ramen?"

"Sur- wait, what? Instant ramen?"

He blinked at you. "Yeah?"

"Is that what you eat on a daily basis for dinner?"

Shinichi pondered your question for a bit.

"More or less, yeah."

You let out an exasperated sigh.

"Shinichi, that's not healthy for you! You shouldn't be eating that every night!"

"But it's convenient and fast!" he protested.

"Just because it's convenient and fast doesn't mean you should sacrifice your health!"

You spin around with a huff, grumbling something about detectives and negligence of health.

Pulling the fridge door open, you planned to whip up something quick yet healthy, but all plans went out the window the moment you saw his almost bare and empty fridge.

"Shinichi... why is there only bread, juice, and coffee creamer in your fridge?"

He walked up behind you and shrugged.

"Well, it's all I need."

You facepalmed.

"Oh my god, Shinichi. Do you seriously not know how to take care of yourself?"

He blinked at your question, not fully understanding. You slammed the fridge door shut, making him flinch.

"Fine, we can have instant ramen for dinner tonight. But starting tomorrow, I'm teaching you how to cook."

***

Your alarm went off next to you, startling you awake. Groaning from underneath the covers, you stick your hand out and managed to silence it.

Shinichi stirred next to you. You lean over and quickly kiss him on the cheek.

"Sleep in, Shinichi. I'm going shopping for a bit."

He blinked at you groggily before burrowing beneath the blankets again and falling asleep. You quickly got dressed and brushed your teeth, pulling your hair into a low ponytail.

Grabbing your purse, you kiss Shinichi one last time on the forehead before leaving.

Shinichi lay there for a bit before blinking his eyes open.

"... I wonder what (y/n)'s cooking tastes like?"

***

"Shinichi, I'm back!"

You pushed the front door open with some difficulty. The plastic shopping bags you were holding were digging into your fingers painfully and weighing your arms down.

"Welcome ba- Good god, (y/n). How much did you buy?"

You set the bags down on the counter with a heavy thud.