🚀there is one impostor among us (pt. 5)🚀

Koizumi Akako was ejected.

One impostor remains.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A/n: Listen to the song above. It sets the mood for this chapter.

"There were two this entire time?"

The cafeteria went silent.

"I guess."

"But now that one's gone, the other impostor will have a much harder time now that they don't have a collaborator anymore.

"It's only a matter of time now."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Everything went downhill after that.

Trust deteriorated between you all, the trust that you had steadily built up over a year of grueling training.

A constant, heavy silence that weighed down on you like a blanket was present at all times now. The cafeteria, which was usually loud and noisy with conversation, was now dead silent as all of you sat at separate tables. Even Ran and Shinichi, the ones you trusted most, were beginning to keep their distance.

You absentmindedly nibbled at your sandwich as you continued writing your journal entry for the day. Ever since you had boarded the spaceship, you had been diligent in keeping your entries and you weren't going to let anything stop you.

10/27/20xx

The atmosphere's very strange today. It's deathly silent. The trust that we've built up over a year has crumbled, just like that. Nobody trusts each other anymore. Wherever you go, everybody else watches, making sure you aren't up to no good.

There are only four true crewmates left, including myself. At this rate, I don't think I'll make it to Polus after all.

For some reason, however, Kuroba Kaito, the handsome and charming crewmate I have gotten to know over these past few weeks, still seems to trust me. He sits with me at lunch, shares his food, and cracks jokes like nothing is wrong. I do find it a little unnerving, but at the same time, I also find it reassuring, as he's a constant in my life, if that makes any sense. He's a reminder of what was like before and he gives me a sense of normalcy.

Lunch is almost over and I have to get back to doing my tasks. Hopefully, I won't be the next one to die.

- (y/n) (l/n)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Finished all of your tasks?"

You anticipated the question the moment you set foot into the security room. Conan, your unofficially-adopted son, scrambled off of Shinichi's lap and ran toward you, hugging your legs. A smile broke out across your face as you scooped him up into your arms and pulled him close. Within a few minutes, he was fast asleep on top of your chest.

"How have you been?" you whispered to Shinichi, not wanting to wake Conan up. He shrugged.

"Fine, I guess, considering that I'm alive and all."