🎇summer festival🎇 saguru hakuba x reader

A/n: Sorry for the Hakuba spam lately, but I've been putting this idea off for a month and I had to get it down before it vanished from my mind. Also, listen to the song I've included above. It sets the slightly nostalgic, wistful tone of this story. As a bonus, it also makes you feel like you're in a teen coming-of-age movie.

For now, enjoy my husband.

(F/f)= favorite flowers.

The phone rang three times before the person on the other end picked up.

"Hakuba Saguru speaking."

"Haku-chan, it's me."

"Oh, (y/n). It's just you. What is it?"

You smiled and adjusted your position. You were lying on your bed on your stomach, with your elbows propped up to support your weight.

You could practically hear the smile in his voice as all formality drained out of his speech, realizing it was you.

"I've got a question for you. Do you wanna go to the festival tonight?"

There was a slight pause on the other end.

"I don't know, (y/n). We went there last year and I don't think much had changed since then. Plus, it's so crowded there. Remember when we got lost and had to spend half an hour trying to find each other?"

You snorted at the memory. Last year, the crowd at the festival had been especially big. Despite your best efforts, you two had ended up getting separated fifteen minutes after you arrived. Cue spending half an hour trying to track each other down through the crowd and attempting to be heard on the phone with all the sound around you. You thought that with Saguru being tall and blond, it'd be easier to find him, but nope.

"Yeah, maybe not this year then..."

You were silent for a bit, trying to think of a solution when one hit you.

"Hey, Haku-chan. Your house sits on the outskirts of the city, right?"

"Uh, yeah? What about it?"

"Hold on, gimme a second," you muttered as you slid your laptop over and opened it up. A quick google search and a visit to the city's official website told you where the festival was being held, and where the fireworks were being launched from.

"Haku-chan, I think we'll be able to view the fireworks from your house."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just checked the city's website and the place where the fireworks are being launched is visible from your house. And it's a prime viewing spot as well."

Your boyfriend's house wasn't sitting on top of a mountain, but it was built along the side of one of them on the outskirts of the city. From there, with the unobstructed view, you could see all the fireworks.

"Huh. Alright. Do you want to come over and celebrate then?"

Your face lit up at the offer.

"Heck yes!"

You heard your boyfriend laugh on the other end. "That settles it. I'll have Baaya come pick you up."

"Sounds great. See you later, Saguru."

You hung up with a small blip and turned your attention toward your wardrobe.

"Now, time to get ready."

***

You had just finished the final touches on your outfit when you heard the sound of a very familiar car pulling into your driveway.