🔫laser tag🔫 hattori heiji x reader

You tapped your foot impatiently as you sped down the road, mind running excitedly.

Today, you were going laser tagging with your friends. Ran and Kazuha were carpooling with you and your mom was driving you guys there.

"Mom, are we there yet?"

She clicked her tongue.

"Almost, (y/n)."

The car swerved sharply as another car barely managed to avoid clipping your bumper as it sped past. Your mom glared at it and muttered a curse under her breath.

"What kind of drugs is that driver on...?"

You, Ran, and Kazuha stifled your laughs and looked at each other.

Ten minutes later, you pulled up in front of the laser tag center. A silver car was sitting in front of you. The back and passenger doors opened to reveal Shinichi, Heiji, Kaito, and Aoko.

You all scrambled out of the car, your mom wishing you a good time and to be safe behind your backs. You heard her words, but they didn't register in your mind as you were busy talking to your friends and trying not to make a fool of yourself in front of your crush Heiji.

"You guys ready?"

Nodding, you walked in through the front doors together. You had five minutes until the current round was over, so you all settled down onto some chairs lying nearby.

"Wanna go boys versus girls?" asked Kazuha. The original plan was to split the teams up evenly, but Kazuha's idea was way better.

"Heck yes," you say. "It's boys vs girls now."

"But then it's three against four," protested Kaito. Aoko glared at him and gave him a noogie.

"Just go with it, Bakaito!" hissed Aoko.

The door swung open. The current round had ended and now it was your turn.

The room was dark as you slid on your vest and checked your gun. The only source of illumination was the black lights along the sides of the walls.

You absentmindedly listened to the tutorial playing on the tv screen above you, fidgeting excitedly with the trigger.

Finally, it was over and the double doors swung open. All seven of you burst through them and spread out. You had thirty seconds before the game started.

"Aoko, Kazuha, stay down here. Ran and I will go up to the second floor," you hissed quietly.

They nodded. Aoko and Kazuha weaved their way around obstacles before disappearing from your sight. You and Ran managed to find the ramp leading up to the second floor and sped up it, hiding behind some walls and obstacles just in time.

A loud ding rang throughout the room. The game had begun.

The lights on your vest and gun began to glow red. You aimed your gun at the ground and pressed the trigger, testing it. A thin red laser shot out of it.

Good. It was functioning properly.

You saw a flash of blue out the corner of your eye. Instantly, your gun was aimed at the light and you pulled the trigger. A small boom from across the floor told you your aim was dead-on.

"Dammit!"

From the sound of it, you had hit Kaito.

Another explosion a few feet away from you caught your attention. It looked as if Ran had been shot.

Both of you started firing at the retreating person, but he was too fast. Your laser missed him by a few inches.

"Dammit, Shinichi!" cursed Ran as she looked down at the display panel on her gun.