🧹cinderella🧹 kudo shinichi x reader

A/n: Ok but Haibara Cinderella is just-

She's so p r e t t y

Anyway back to the story.

"Freak!"

"Go back to where you belong!"

The door slammed roughly in your face, making you flinch and retreat to the corner of the attic. A squirrel scuttled over, squeaking in concern. You pick him up with your finger and sighed.

"It's alright. I've gotten used to it by now. Their words don't affect me anymore."

The squirrel squeaked and a bird flew in through the only window, chirping, and landing on your shoulder.

You heard voices coming from downstairs. Curiosity piqued, you got down on your stomach and shimmied over to the gap underneath the door to listen in.

"A royal ball at the palace tonight! Any eligible maiden can attend! Doesn't that sound wonderful?

You cringed in disgust at the nasally, high-pitched squeak of your stepmother.

"Darling, yes it does! And with our beauty, we can win the heart of the crown prince over and get him to marry us!"

You started laughing quietly at that. Your animal friends beside you started snickering at that as well.

Leaning against the doorframe, you closed your eyes. You longed to go to the ball as well. However, you knew no way in hell would they let you. More importantly, you didn't have any suitable clothes. Your stepmother and her children had stolen all of your fine dresses and silks and instead left you with this dingy maid outfit.

You sang a quiet tune to yourself with the birds joining in.

"Cinderella, you're as lovely as your name.

Cinderella, you're a sunset in a frame.

Though you're dressed in rags, you wear an air of queenly grace.

Anyone can see a throne would be your proper place."

You slowly peeled your eyes open and turned to look at your dresser.

You had an idea.

***

Taking a deep breath, you slowly padded down the stairs, lifting your skirts. Unbeknownst to your stepmother and stepsisters, you had a dress that originally belonged to your mother and some of their jewelry stashed away in the back of your closet. Utilizing the help of your animal friends, you had managed to stitch together an acceptable dress using your mother's as the base and some scraps of fabric you had lying around.

You knocked at the door.

"Come in."

You push the door open and immediately had to stifle your laughter. Your stepsisters were busy getting ready for the ball, but their dresses were absolutely hideous. Contrasting colors with stripes and big, poofy corsets. Not a good combination. Your dress, on the other hand, was a sight for sore eyes compared to theirs. The dress was a bit pink for your tastes, yes, but it was all you had. You had gathered some sheer, shimmery organza and stitched it to the dress so it formed a second, shorter layer that was down to your kneecaps on the front of the dress but grew longer and trailed behind you. A strand of pearls, two small gold hoops for earrings, and a silver bracelet completed your look.