💗piggyback ride💗 saguru hakuba x reader

"Haku-chan~" you hum in a sing-song voice. Your boyfriend of three years looked up at you as you flopped onto the couch next to him with a book in hand.

"What're you reading?" he asked.

"And Then There Were None," you replied. "What about you?"

"... The Dancing Men."

"Again?"

"Hey!" he protested. "It's good!"

You rolled your eyes and leaned against him, flipping to your bookmarked page and continuing from where you left off.

You had gone through about ten pages when you began to lose your focus. Blinking, you shook your head slightly and tried to focus but it just wasn't working.

You groaned and gently whacked your forehead with the book.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

"I can't fricking focus," you complained. Saguru pulled you into a soft hug as you scrunched your face up in annoyance.

"Why does this happen every time...?"

You rested your head against Saguru's shoulder and inhaled his soothing scent of caramel and musk. Closing your eyes, you dozed off for a bit before you slowly blinked them open again.

Craning your head up and resting your chin on his chest, you realized just how tall Saguru was compared to you. You were of average height, while he was just shy of six feet.

"Haku-chan?"

"Hm? What is it, (y/n)?"

"What's it like being tall?"

He pondered the question for a bit. "Well, it's cool and all, but it gets a bit lonely up here at times."

"Lonely?"

"Yeah. When was the last time you saw a teenager my height?"

You pursed your lips. "I mean... dang, you're right."

An idea hit you suddenly on the spot.

"Hey, Haku-chan. I know how to make you feel less lonely!"

That got his attention.

"Really? What is it then?"

You wrapped your arms around his chest and stared up at him.

"Piggyback rides! We can both be tall together!"

The idea surprised him with its childishness. However, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense.

"Can I get a piggyback ride?" you ask.

Saguru shook his head, smiling, and got up so his back was facing you.

"Ok, fine."

Letting out a small whoop of joy, you climbed onto Saguru's back with his help. After adjusting to your weight, he carried you around the house.

"Am I heavy?" you immediately asked.

"No," he responded. "You're actually quite light."

He carried you out of the living room and walked upstairs.

"Woah... so this is what being tall feels like... everything seems so far down!" you exclaim as you stretch an arm toward the ground. "And the ceiling is way too close for comfort," you grumble as you barely avoided bumping your forehead against the lights.

"Enjoying your new height?" asked Saguru from beneath you.

You hugged him around the neck gently and kiss him on the cheek. "I wish I could be tall like you... then I wouldn't have to drag a chair over every time I need to grab something from the top shelf."

Saguru kissed your temple. "But I like your height. It's cute."

"But it's a pain in the ass," you grumble.

"Being tall isn't all how its cracked up to be either," he commented, just as you hit your head on the doorframe.

"Ack!"

"See?"

You pouted at him and massaged the rapidly-forming bump smack-dab in the middle of your forehead.

"A daily occurrence if you're this tall," he mentioned as he carried you back downstairs.

"A lot better than people not taking you seriously because you're short," you grumble. You rested your head against his shoulder and sighed. The bump on your forehead was throbbing and still hurt. You'd have to apply an ice pack to that later.

Saguru stopped in the kitchen and you slowly slid off his back and into a chair, clutching the bump. He went over to the freezer and got an ice pack and wrapped it in a paper towel before returning.

"Wow, that's going to leave a mark," he said as he brushed aside your hand. "It's bruising, and that's some impressive swelling right there."

You groaned and pressed the ice pack to the wound, wincing at the pain.

"I take back what I said... I prefer my normal height..."

Saguru took a seat next to you with a bandaid. "So do I. It's more fun hugging you that way."

You removed the ice pack and let Saguru tend to your injury. He stuck the bandaid over the injured site and pressed the ice pack against it.

"Hey, Haku-chan?"

"What is it?"

"Can you carry me like that again to school tomorrow?"

"... I'm not sure if my back can stand that sort of stress on a daily basis, (y/n)."

Short and sweet.

Word count: 795 words

Page count: 9 pages

Not sure what's up next. Maybe a Shinichi one.

Comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed!

-Transmitter