🌈colors of the rainbow🌈 kudo shinichi x blind!reader

A/n: I'm back yuhhh ✨😺
Anyway, enjoy this. I finally got inspired and had the motivation to write once more.

This is gonna be really long but I figured I'd give you guys a treat after disappearing.

Also, y'all are older in this chapter. Think like early 30s or something.

The chirping of the birds outside and the shifting of your boyfriend beneath the sheets before anything else. From the sounds of the birds, it must've been early morning. Around six am, perhaps? The sun should be rising by now.

"I know you're awake, Shinichi."

He groaned and rolled over to you.

"You caught me," he joked.

Scooting closer to him, you snuggled up into the warmth of his embrace and planted a few butterfly kisses along his collarbone, making him shiver.

"Ticklish?" you teased. He frowned and shut you up with a kiss on your forehead.

"You felt nothing."

After a few more moments of lazing around in bed with him, you sat up and swung your legs over the mattress, toes touching the plush rug. At this, Shinichi's gaze on you sharpened.

He watched you navigate around his room easily despite being blind. He knew that you were capable and that muscle memory was incredibly powerful, but he couldn't help but worry every time.

Pushing open the balcony doors, you step out and lean over the railing, arms folded beneath you.

"Shinichi?"

"What is it?" he asked, sneaking behind you. The wind tousled his bed-head, making it even worse than it already was.

"Can you tell me what the sky looks like?"

Every day, you asked him that exact question without fail and it never failed to break his heart.

"It's beautiful," he whispered, hugging you from behind. "There's a halo of yellow surrounding the sun that makes it seem like a pot of melting gold. The sun itself looks like a wheel of cheese with a slight red tint bleeding at its edges. There's coral and dusky pink that paint the sky. Mauve grey clouds are blocking the view somewhat, but they're tinted gold and coral at the edges. They're dissipating quickly, however, thanks to the wind.

"I wish you could see it with your own eyes."

"So that's what it's like today..." you whispered, staring out at the sky. Your eyes reflected the sunrise in them.

"Shinichi?"

"Yes?"

"What does the color yellow look like?"

You weren't completely blind, as most people believed. You had light and shadow perception, but colors were completely lost on you.

"That's a difficult question to answer, (y/n)," sighed Shinichi. He racked his brains for a suitable answer, but none of his responses were acceptable.

How do I describe color to someone who's never seen it before? Typical descriptions won't work...

Then it hit him.

"(Y/n), what's your schedule like today?"

"Completely free. Why do you ask?"

"Get dressed quickly." You could hear the smile in his voice.

"I'm going to show you the colors of the rainbow."

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳