⛽️gasoline⛽️ heiji x reader

A/n: Reader-chan has sleep paralysis in this chapter.

You stared at the ceiling, trying not to fall asleep. Rather difficult considering it was 1:30 am.

You wanted to fall asleep, but you knew it was best not to. God knows what your sleep paralysis would make your mind come up with.

An hour came and went. It was now 2:30 am. You couldn't fight it anymore. Despite your iron will, your eyes gradually fluttered shut.

"Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?"

You were lying in bed. Nothing out of the ordinary. Until you looked around. Heiji wasn't next to you. It didn't look as if he had gotten out of bed to use the bathroom or something. The covers were perfectly smooth and undisturbed.

"Bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me?"

Weirded out now, you get up to investigate. You grab the flashlight and put on your slippers, padding out the room silently.

"Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?"

You examined the second floor. No sight of Heiji. He wasn't in the bathroom or anything.

"Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?"

You shuffled down the stairs, grumbling about not being able to fall back asleep now and how you were going to give Heiji a strict talking to afterward.

"Are you high enough without the Mary Jane like me?"

The moment you got downstairs, something felt off immediately. All the lights were off. Even the nightlights, which were always on. It couldn't be a power outage, because the nightlights worked even then. They would come on even in a power outage since they had a separate battery-powered source.

"Do you tear yourself apart to entertain like me?"

"Heiji...?" you whisper, flicking on the flashlight. A wide beam of light appeared. You shone it around your surroundings. "Are you there?..."

"Do the people whisper 'bout you on the train like me?"

You gulped. It echoed through the too-silent house.

"Saying you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me?"

To your left was the kitchen. Turning your head, what you saw only confused you even more.

"And all the people say,"

A single match was hanging there, suspended in mid-air.

What the heck?

"' You can't wake up, this is not a dream."

You heard footsteps behind you. You tried to turn around, only to find out that you couldn't.

Oh god no, not now, out of all times!

"You're part of a machine, you are not a human being."

The footsteps stopped directly behind you. You could practically smell the cloying, choking malice aura of the person. You could practically see the grin as they stabbed you in the back with a knife.