🚀there is one impostor among us (pt. 3)🚀

Bubble-gum pink cotton candy clouds. Sour apple green and banana-yellow taffy strands of multicolored gumdrop lights. Coffee seas and sugar stars falling from the mimosa skies to you, where you lay sleeping on top of neon chiffon cake. The scent of pastries and confectionary filled the air, warm and sugary, and smelling like a haven.

Something soft- it felt like a loaf of sweet milk bread- smacked you in the side of the head. You simply rolled over onto your side, ignoring it.

"Five more minutes..." you grumbled.

Another smack, except it was directly to your face this time, and it kind of hurt.

"Five more minutes my ass! Get up, (y/n), it's already 10 am!"

At the sound of that familiar voice, your eyes flew open, leaving the world of dreams behind. Kazuha and Ran were standing above you, the latter holding the pillow while the former was glaring at you with her hands on her hips.

"Honestly..." muttered Kazuha as she turned away upon realizing you were wide awake. "I swear, this spaceship could be burnin' down with all the alarms goin' off and you'd still be sleepin'."

You sheepishly chuckled and swung your legs over to the edge of the bed, only to hear a quiet crinkle. Looking down, you realized it was the photo from last night. It seemed as if you had fallen asleep with it in your hands and let go of it sometime throughout the night. You hurriedly tucked it underneath your pillow and got dressed, wearing the same outfit from yesterday. You decided to accessorize it a bit by adding a gold pendant.

Your footsteps echoed throughout the halls as you made your way to the cafeteria to grab a quick breakfast before starting your daily tasks. You snagged a carton of orange juice and some scrambled eggs with a side of a toasted bagel and cream cheese.

As you ate, you scrolled through your social media, taking a picture of yourself at one point, and sending it back to your friends and family back on Earth. The spaceship was equipped with WiFi, so you were all able to browse the internet and keep in touch with those back home easily. It was just a little slow at times, but it was better than nothing.

After cleaning up your garbage, you checked your tablet to see what your tasks were for today.

"Let's see... empty garbage in storage and the cafeteria, fix the wiring in electrical, divert power to storage and download data in navigation to upload to headquarters in admin."

You exhaled a breath and powered off your tablet.

"A lot to do today, but let's get this done."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sonoko was humming a tune to herself as she fixed the wiring. There was a crackle and a hiss as she connected the last two wires before she slammed the metal lid shut.

"And done!"

Standing up and dusting her skirt off, she crossed off that task on her tablet and made her way out to the next task.

Except she couldn't.

Sonoko looked up from her tablet to see the closed doors in front of her.

"Eh?"

She knocked on the door with her gloved fist. There was a loud thumping sound that echoed throughout the electrical room, but no one responded.

"Hello?" she called out. "Can anyone hear me on the other side?"

Again, no response. Sonoko felt the panic beginning to rise within her.