💋tell me that you love me💋 cheater!kuroba kaito x reader

Summary: It's a pity that both of you love each other too much for your own good.

Requested by: @midowichanuwu

⚠️TW: infidelity and some swearing⚠️

The very first time you had laid eyes upon him, you were smitten. Luscious black hair that looked soft to the touch, rosy pink cheeks tinting porcelain, creamy skin with vivid amaranthine eyes that spoke of untold secrets. Dexterous hands, weaving magic into the world as well as a charming smile that could win any girl over with minimal effort.

Your logical mind told you not to get involved with him; that he would only bring misfortune upon you. He was the type of guy your mother warned you to stay away from.

And yet, you tossed caution to the wind and fell for his womanizing charms, so suave that they should be considered criminal.

It seemed as if had fallen for yours as well, for your relationship before you had gotten married was brief but vivid; the technicolor version of everyone else's black-and-white love life. He had courted you using the overly-dramatic gestures in cheesy romantic movies and smooth-talked his way into your life.

It was a rather spontaneous decision to get married, but you knew it wasn't one you'd regret.

At least, that's what you hoped for.

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »─────»

"Welcome back, honey!"

You scurried out of the kitchen, an apron tied around your waist and hair piled into a messy bun atop your head. "Dinner will be ready in a bit! I sort of burnt it so..."

Kaito laughed and shrugged out of his coat, hanging it up on its rack by the front door. You pecked him on the cheek and ran back into the kitchen, trying to salvage the burnt dinner.

He stepped into the kitchen and watched you mumbling to yourself with the occasional curse slipping here and there. Chuckling, he quickly kissed your cheek back and made his way upstairs to change into something more comfortable.

He really was a lucky man.

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »─────»

"Honey, I'm back!"

Kaito stumbled through the doorway and took his shoes off. He heard the quiet shuffling of your footsteps as you rose to greet him from the living room.

"Hey. Where have you been?"

"Work ran overtime and my boss made me stay behind. I couldn't refuse, unfortunately."

You sighed and flicked his forehead. "You had me worried. The next time something like this happens, call me or text me to let me know, ok?"

He winced and clapped a hand to his forehead in pain.

"Ouch. Got it."

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »─────»

"Welcome back, honey!"

You heard the footsteps of your husband at the front door. After shouting your greeting over your shoulder, you turned your attention back to the pot of soup on the stove, stirring it.