46. Someone

Previously on The Divine Beauty - Apsara ...

"I hate you. ..." She said spitefully as his lips left hers.

"I love you more, Apsara Devi....." He smiled, getting what her wanted. Apsara.

At least that is what he thought.

.......

"I want to see my family... I need to participate in the funeral ... I wouldn't stay calm if I don't get to see him, at least once .... and if you try to keep me away from my parents, I swear, I will do something to you that you will regret...." Apsara breathed in deeply as Zayn finally left his grasp on her neck.

"Well... you may leave tomorrow then..." He muttered.

"I don't know whether to thank you... but I chose not to..."

Zayn nodded leaving her for the moment.

As she saw Zayn walking away, she pressed her palm on  her forehead, reprimanding herself for sharing that moment with Zayn.

She didn't know what sort of attraction she had towards Zayn that made her pull closer to him at that moment. She wondered how she received the message that Zayn's eyes carried. That moment when he looked into her eyes in innocence, made her give into his trap.

I shouldn't have done that... she regretted.

.......

"You did what!?" Farhat yelled at her son,  who was trying hard to pacify his mother's anger.

"Don't boil, mother! I told you, it's a part of my plan. " Zafar defended himself.

"Your plan will kill us all, Zafar!  Didn't you get any better ideas that you had to, out of all options, kill Apsara's father!?"

"What would have happened if someone had seen you?" Farhat added.

"Someone has already seen me.... Apsara's sister, Parineeti..."

"What !?"

"She knows that I killed her father.... she's a good girl..." Zafar darkly smirked.

........

"He killed my father, Zafar! He killed him!" Apsara wept as she had her head rested on Zafar's shoulder, in his warm and deceiving embrace, the next day, before her leave .

"Shh.. it will be fine, love... you knew he would do such a thing, right?" Zafar muttered near her ear.

"But he lied that my family was safe!...." Apsara widened her eyes, trying to explain the story which Zafar knew well, more than what Apsara did.

".... but the strangest part is that he had said he would kill my entire family, but only my father's dead..." Apsara raised her eyebrows, thinking deeply, looking at her feet.

"Zayn never sticks to his words, Apsara.... I know him so well... and see, that's exactly why he promised that your family was fine and he contradicted his own words by finishing them...."Zafar calmly said.

"I don't know who to trust, Zafar...." Apsara breathed.  Zafar held her hands softly.

"You've got me..." Zafar whispered, smiling.

"I know..." She smiled through all her pain.

"Mariam met me yesterday morning-" Apsara started.

"-And?" Zafar suddenly interrupted her.

"Well, she said I shouldn't trust anyone here... not even the water that I drink and not even the air that I breathe...." She said, quoting Mariam's words.

"She must've been referring to Zayn..." Zafar chuckled nervously.

"Probably." Apsara said sensing something wrong in Zafar's smile.

"Well, I am leaving for my father's funeral... the King has given me the permission to go..." Apsara said, completely excluding whatever happened before that.

"I will miss you.... will there be anyone to accompany you? Can I come with you?" Zafar asked all at once.

"No and no..." She answered both of his questions.

"Seeing you with me won't be the most appropriate thing, Zafar...."

"I am tired of meeting you secretly, Apsara! I cannot wait for the day you'll be mine... " Zafar said.

She pressed her lips onto his forehead, "You have to be patient..." Apsara smiled.

.......

"I request you to return as soon as possible after attending the funeral," Zayn said, trying to cover the fact that he would miss Apsara, with formality.

"I would request you, Your Highness that I take my own time in meeting my family, since you've separated me from  them against my liking." She smartly replied back.

Zayn couldn't keep acting anymore. He placed his palm on her head, combing out her soft hair with his fingers, Apsara cringed in fear. He placed the other hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"I will miss you, Apsara..." He said.

She turned around, rudely pulling away from his contact to get into the vehicle that would carry her to her castle in Awadh.

He waved at her with a heavy heart. His rings with various stones on it, shone brightly as he moved his hand...

____

Hola guys!  Ik this is a short update, but the good news is there will be another update that i will be putting out this afternoon.
:)

Why this double update, you ask? It's because of TDBA S first b'day ;) so be prepared!

Longer A/N on the next update

Till then
Xoxo
sweetdreams199