39. Betrayal

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"I've realised my mistake, King Zayn... I discovered that a relationship between a man and a woman needn't always be that made out of love... friendship can exist between the two genders.."

"I'm glad you realised that... but is that the reason why you look upset?"

"I've been thinking about it from last night, and the thought has been lingering in my mind, waking me up at every attempt of mine to slumber... I am sorry...."

.........

"It's fine, Anamika... everybody makes mistakes..." Zayn smiled genuinely. 

Zayn's stomach had a huge flip as he heard a knock on the door. A very angry and a very restless knock...

Zayn, taking the most foolish decision he'd ever taken, opened the door... to meet the eyes of King Amar, with the young man that'd given him Anamika's letter.

He didn't  know what kind of trouble he'd got himself into. 

.......

Abanindra traced his fingers along the jaw- line of his lover's. She smiled as his soft finger, tickled her skin, as they were on her bed, with just the silk sheets to cover them, after an intimate show of love.

"My dear Raja Abanindra..." She whispered.

"Yes, my love.." He dreamily spoke, drunk in her mesmerizing beauty.

"When can I really call you mine?" She asked, looking deep into his eyes.

He abruptly stopped his caresses. "I'm already yours, Vandana..." He smiled, but his tone was trying to defend himself.

She placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, "Then I need more than you making love to me to prove that..."

The King slightly squirmed in his place, "I have some work to do... I'll do visit you soon.." He gets up from his position, leaving a confused and worried Vandana.

........

 "Tell me what exactly happened in Lahore, Pari.." Maya asked her daughter repeatedly until she spoke out.

"Apsara's in a serious relationship with King Zayn... when she found out that we'd arrived there to take her from there, she took his side to make him arrest us and put me and Cousin Suraj in jail..." 

"I do not trust you, Parineeti Devi!" May gasped and said, with a drop of fresh tear falling from her eye.

"You must, Mother.... she's betrayed our family, Mother... she's with a man of another background, religion and land... she's after all his money and fortune, Mother... we shouldn't have sent her there, all the luxury that she'd seen there has corrupted her mind..." Parineeti lied... She didn't know why she was doing this, she only had a vague reason.

Parineet had to tell a few more fabricated stories, till she herself found out the real reason why she was cheating her Mother and sister by making up all an entire new version of the story...

.......

"What are you doing in my daughter's room, King Zayn?" Amar shrieked at the top of his voice. Zayn stood there perplexed, staring at the King through the space between the half- opened door.

"Father!" A scream erupted from someone behind Zayn. Zayn turned to see Anamika, who now had the scarf that covered her body messily thrown on the bed... she'd even found the time to tousle her hair, covering her body with her arms.

Zayn cracked the code... but it was too late to do anything. Zayn stared at her wide- eyed in anger, "You cheat!" Zayn mumbled at her, while King Amar forcefully opened the door, to see his precious daughter wailing, hugging her father.