20. Greed + Imp A/N

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara....

The picture of her father flashed in her mind... how would he feel? He wouldn't approve of her relationship, she stood there looking at Zafar, who was waiting for an answer..

"Apsara... is it a yes or a no?" He asked while Apsara, made her mind to give him an appropriate answer.

........

Zafar cupped her hands, looking at her sharply, while Apsara looked at him.

"Apsara.. I promise you that I'll keep you always happy... you can trust me on this." He said, his words were ringing in her ears. She was utterly confused on what to say... she looked down, trying to make a decision.

Finally, she looked upto him, "Yes..." She breathed out, resting her head on his shoulders, while Zafar smiled wickedly at how he achieved the first part of his goal- to overthrow Zayn from power..

Zafar hugged her, burying his head in her neck, grazing his lips through her soft skin. He was physically attracted to Apsara, he didn't even tell his Mother about it. Deep inside his cunning heart, he had a desire for Apsara's body... he wanted to feel her in every way possible.

He ran his hands through her back to find the strap of her blouse, trying to unhook it, but Apsara pulled away from his grasp before he went any further. She felt insulted by Zafar's sudden greed.

"No Zafar... I don't want you to do that.." She said looking at Zafar, miffed by his actions.

"I'm sorry, Apsara... " He said, cursing himself in his mind for doing it.

"Let's get out of this room.." He said holding her hand, guiding her, vacating the room. Apsara felt like she'd taken the best decision of her life by saying yes to the proposal. But she was worried about her parents, they would be angry at her for choosing someone from a completely different culture, region and religion.

"I haven't introduced you to my mother, have I?" He smiled at Apsara as they were walking. They reached the ground, where there were still hundreds of people drinking, eating and having small talks. 

They moved through the crowd, where some people greeted him and then looked at Apsara with a perplexed look. Finally, they walked up to the same old woman talking with two other people seriously.

Her attention was suddenly switched to Apsara as she along with Zafar stood in front of her. She didn't expect him to take her to his Mother, Zayn's Mother... She couldn't believe how fast things were happening to her...

The old woman's accquaintances left, and she stared at Apsara and Zafar who were holding each other's hands. Apsara's hands were quivering at the sight of the woman. She was beautiful, but her expressions and features, held arrogance.

"Apsara, this is my mother, Her Majesty Farhat Abdul Shah... and Mother, this is Apsara, I'm getting married to her.." Apsara couldn't believe how open he was to his mother. Farhat stared at her for a while at Apsara.

"Have I seen you somewhere?" Farhat knew very well how to play along with Zafar's plan. She knew very  well who Apsara was.

Before Apsara could open her mouth, Zafar answered, "Mother, she's a court dancer..."Zafar answered with absolute respect.

Farhat nodded to Zafar's explanation, digesting the "new facts" about Apsara. "Welcome to the family, Apsara..." She coldly spoke while she walked away, speaking no further.

Apsara quickly turned to Zafar in fear, "Don't worry, she's still a bit shocked... that's all.. she's nice," Zafar consoled. Apsara nodded understandingly.

She looked around the crowd, but her eyes caught on someone that was already staring at her. She was sure that he was jealous. Zayn immediately moved his eyes to the people whom he was talking to. For no reason, Apsara felt bad at how she spoke to the King.

"You must be hungry, Apsara.." Zafar interrupted her train of thoughts. "I'll get you something to eat." He said and goes to the buffet area. Her eyes search for Zayn, but she couldn't find him, her eyes scan the whole ground, but she was interupted by someone's voice beside her. 

"Searching for someone?" She suddenly thought that it was Zayn next to her, but it was Zafar with their dinner. "No.." Apsara answered in the softest voice possible. The guests in palace looked at the two having dinner together. It was a big social taboo for them.

Everyone knew who Apsara was, there were people who talked ill about her too, while there were some who praised her beauty and talent. Apsara felt uncomfortable having people stare at her... she wondered what'd be going on in their minds.

"Are you worried about something, Apsara?" Zafar asked her, his meal was almost done.

"No.. nothing at all.." She looked around to see people gazing at her.

She didn't feel hungry anymore.. the only thing she felt was insecurity. She left her food half- eaten and wasted the rest.

......

The day had finally seen it's end... the celebration ended with a few hours of fire crackers. Apsara was scared of them. The sound of them exploding frightened her more than anything. She left  as soon as she came to know that there were going to be fireworks. 

She went to her room and switched off the lights. Lots of things had happened today, she'd taken a major step by agreeing to marry Zafar, inspite the fact that she's known him only for a few months. She thought as she washed her face before going to bed.

By the time she'd cuddled herself up on her bed, the deafening sound of crackers began to be heard. She wrapped the blanket around her ears, trying to mute the sound. Zafar had insisted her to stay for the fireworks, but on learning that she was afraid of it, he was okay.

She finally found some sleep in the thick of all the noise. The celebration went on as she slowly breathed into the world of dreams.

_______

Hey! How ya doin'? We are now in the 20th chapter of Apsara! Isn't that amazing?! I guess by another 30 chapters or less, Apsara will be over.

So I thank you for supporting me till this day! And with your support.. I came to know YESTERDAY that Apsara's in #945th in Historical Fiction, though it came down today :(

So I do need you to vote, comment and follow me! Please understand this as I've worked a lot to achieve this goal...I need you "awesome" fans to keep helping me out throughout the book and make it to the #1 position on wattpad.

Plus, here's the pic of Farhat AKA Lilette Dubey... she looks gorgeous, doesn't she?

Till then,

xoxo

sweetdreams199

*excuse the typos*