65. Angel

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

Apsara inhaled, looking at the monarch, hearing the words of love coming out from his lips, again. Her heart felt complete, her cheeks blushed, and her stomach clenched, hearing his words.

But she returned the pouch, back to him, and the King never felt this hurt.

"Why are you returning it to me?" The King asked.

"It is my expression of love towards you, King Zayn... I hold the same feelings for you, which you have for me," She smiled. The weight in her heart lessened, as she finally admitted and told what was in her mind.

And then it struck Zayn.

Without thinking, he crashed into her lips, and they slowly steadied themselves into a passionate kiss.

.....

Time slowed down, the Earth rotated slower than usual. This is what you feel, when you're under the influence of the most powerful drug on Earth, love.

It is the most addictive and pleasurable, since it makes you think things, which are not even present in reality. It can turn the skies pink, it can make the stars shine brighter, it can make you feel the world to be a better place...

But most of all, it can turn a beast into a man.

The King had experienced it since the moment he'd met Apsara, it was her rejection that had made him realize that the gender that he used only for his will, actually had feelings and emotions. It made him gentler, and less aggressive. He now felt more like a human than an animal.

Zayn held her arms, as they broke the kiss, to look at the bruises left on her from his late step- brother's torture. Although it wasn't Zayn's fault that Zafar'd done it to her. He'd never felt this guilty and sorry for someone in his life. His eyes watered, when Apsara flinched as he ran his fingers delicately over the remains of that horrific night.

"Apsara," He breathed, with so much of emotion, as if her name was a ballad. "It hurts me to see you in pain... I'm glad that, you're alive and well, but if I'd had the least idea of what he was doing to you that night, I would've killed him even before he could lay his eyes on you..." He spoke.

Apsara smiled, her grin wasn't forming the wrinkles at the corners of her eyes, as her mind was trapped, in the memories of that night... it was like a trance that she could never come back from.

Zayn could sense all her minute facial expressions, her eyes looked distant and unfocused, reminiscing about her dreadful turn of fate since she'd met the King. He slightly bowed down, kissing the back of her hand, and Apsara snapped out of her thoughts.

On any other day, one couldn't even dream of Zayn, lowering his head in front of anyone, out of respect. He was the King, to the people of Lahore... their ruler, but in front of Apsara, he just felt like an ordinary man, trapped in her divine beauty, and her unbelievable innocence.

"Show me your bruises, I want to see them again," He said, looking at the purplish- blue hued patches of pain, examining them.

"Compare your bruises to your bad memories, it appears to be dark, and when provoked, it hurts, when you touch your bruises, it will replay all the memories of why you'd gotten them... but time sweeps everything away, you won't believe it, but it does... slowly, your bruises start fading, so do your bitter experiences... but ultimately, the only thing that can trigger the erase of your past is," He pointed towards the space between her eyebrows, "You, You alone, are the only person to leave what was there, behind... and what we both should do now, is to forget all that had happened, treat it like a bad dream," He said, and Apsara's eyes watered.