15. Big, Bright Eyes

She ran to the corridors, crying, with tears streaming down her face. The only hope of getting back to Awadh safely was gone. She was trapped in a huge palace with unfriendly people. The only people she could rely on were Jamila and Zafar who understood her problems. She ran to the one place she wanted to go now, Zayn's room..

......

The King watched the rain heavily pouring down the window. One could only see a rainfall of this kind in Lahore once in a lifetime. Zayn could see directly how the pond was getting filled with water to the brim. The trees around the pond were shaking, unable to withstand the heavy wind.

Zayn gasped with fear and turned around as soon as the door opened with force. He was startled to see Apsara drenched in water, the material of her flimsy outfit clinging to her body, giving a view of her curvacious body for the King.

Her face was as red as a cherry, and her eyes were blood shot due to excessive crying. 

"Apsara, why are you all wet?" Zayn asks pointing to her soaking figure.

"Why are- why are you doing this to me..?" She whispers, not answering to his question.

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean! I know what you want from the way you look at me all the time! But I have news for you, It's never going to happen!" Apsara yells, making the King smirk.

He takes a few steps towards Apsara and she moves back with his each step. He overtakes her pace and grabs her by the waist, pulling her close to his torso.

"What's not going to happen?" The King asks back, in his hoarse voice, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, causing her to slightly flinch back. 

She closes her eyes shut as he glides his smooth fingers on her plump, lower lips,a warm sensation, taking over her body as he pinches the skin.

She gives out a slight moan as she felt the King's lips next to her ear, his warm breath tickling her damp skin.

"You don't know how much I control myself when I see you..." She suddenly opens her eyes as she feels Zayn's lips on her jawline. 

He slowly moves his hands away from her waist, making her free from his hold. "Just... leave me alone, I know you're reason behind why I'm left out while all of my friends are going back to Awadh..." She tells calmly, but tears were still streaming down her eyes.

Without saying anything else she walks out of the room, slamming the door shut with the same force she'd opened the door earlier.

Zayn nods his head smiling, like he'd just seen a five year old yelling at him, rather than a woman. He closes all the curtains making the room more suffocating as the whole surrounding had become humid due to the rain. 

He rubs his palms together, as he was feeling cold. He walks over to the fireplace and lights up the logs of wood. He stares at the fire, which nearly blinded him, due to its light. He could relate that fire to Apsara, and the feeling that she gave him.

That burning desire and passion, which makes you weak and vulnerable. That anger that Apsara shows, that burning anger... he could relate all of that to the fire that was burning right in front of him.

He placed his palms near the heat, keeping a careful distance, making him feel much warmer and better.

He casually walks back to his desk and keeps his Turkish Turban there and picks  up the Chronicles, for reading. But something else caught his attention.

He saw a white envelope, with the seal of Peshwar... he knew from whom it could be.

He creased his eyebrows in anger and takes the envelope, to read the letter from....