38. Bow and Arrow

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

Parineeti heard her mother screaming, with not a single drop of the salty liquid releasing from his restless eyes. Her mind was somewhere else. Her mind kept creating new ways to execute her plan.

"Mother... d'you mind if I had a word with you?" She spoke softly.

"Yes dear, " Her voice came out in muffled cries.

Parineeti lead her Mother to her room, made her comfortable by offering her a seat on her bed.

"Mother, it was Apsara's plan... " She breathed....

......

"Are you out of your mind, Pari? How could this be Apsara's plan?" Maya asked, not believing a single word Parineeti was saying.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you and Father, but he wasn't ready to listen to me!" She moved her head closer to her mother, whispering in anger.

Maya wrapped her hands on to her daughter's, "Tell me, Parineeti, what exactly happened at the palace in Lahore?"

......

It was yet another busy day in Lahore, usual complaints and meetings were being heard and attended by the temporary King, Zahar. Since he didn't want to take up the mantle of being the monarch, he kept himself away from sitting on the throne. His principle was that if he, at least once, sat on the most desired throne of the King, he might forget his responsibilities. He felt that he'd turn greedy as everyone who had an eye on the throne...

So he decided that he'd attend or decline all his dealings in his own office, rather than sitting on the throne, with the other ministers bowing in front of him. He was simple man, and he decided to stay that way. The emotions of greed and want didn't change his mind from any of the decisions he'd taken to this day.

It'd been another man, other than Zahar, he would've proclaimed himself as the King, as it'd happened to the province of Hyderabad in the South. He didn't want to be proven deceitful to Zayn, as he had been trusting Zahar from the past twenty seven years of his life.

His office was smaller and more cramped than the Monarch's, and due to this, the ministers who attended an important meeting, in the Minister's office, found it difficult to be seated close to each other. As lovers of luxury, the ministers in Lahore  wanted enough personal space... they'd feel digusted at sharing their personal spaces with each other. The only exception of the lot was Zahar, who happily led a frugal and religious life.

"My fellow ministers....and my colleagues..." He addressed in the softest voice, possible. 

As they say, there are two sides of a coin, and so there were two opinions among the palace- residents  on the fact that  Zahar was a King. Some appreciated Zayn's choice to appoint him as the King, they even felt that he did a better job than Zayn as a ruler! But some on the other hand, said that the King had appointed Zahar, as the Minister clinged to him to get things done. 

Nonetheless, the Minister greeted his subjects- cum- colleagues, "As we all know, this is the first meeting we've had since the King has gone to Mewar..."

"I've called you here, for discussing an important issue... I hope you don't think I'm offending any one of you or lowering your dignity, but I think that there is once again a reported case of millions worth of money leaving our treasury, as the Finance Minister said-"

"-So you're trying to put the blame on us, aren't you?" One of the minister, interrupted Zahar.

The Finance Minister, stood up from his seat, "You're wrong, Minister Hamza...Minister Zahar has no intentions to blame all of you for the things that's been happening in the palace. The nation's in a crisis now, and the treasury is the only source of clearing all our debts. And on a monthly basis, according to my research, there has been a loss of one hundred thousand worth of gold coins!"

Since he saw no one replying the Finance Minister continued talking, " When I was informed about this strange thing, I began investigating.. and I found that it's someone from the palace..."

"Who is it then, Minister Jameel?" One of the other ministers asked.

"That, is yet to be found..." The Minister bowed his head.

......

"I see you have a wonderful precision of hitting the bulls-eye, King Zayn..." The King of Mewar, lauded, as they stood in the garden, testing different bow and arrows.

"Well, I guess it's in my blood..." The King smiled arrogantly.

"Well... you may try this one, this is much sharper than the previous one..." The Amar suggested, taking the weapon from a tray that a servant carried. He handed it to Zayn. "It's made of the horns of cattle, and a few other materials of supreme quality, which I can't disclose...."

Zayn felt the cross- bow with his fingers, he closed one of his eye, keeping the object slightly to his right, aiming the side where the arrow was, towards the target. The back of the arrow was pulled back with the elastic of the weapon, and once he was ready, he effortlessly, shot the arrow, perfectly hitting the target.

Amar clapped his hands, slowly, he went up to the target that was hung far way on the branch of a tree. He removed the target and walked back towards Zayn, showing it to him.

Zayn smiled seeing that he'd pierced almost half of the arrow through the hard metal target. Zayn realised that he was now dealing with a  possesor of extraordinary weapons. 

"You see, King Zayn? I assure you that our weapons will definitely give you victory..."

"I'm sure of that now..." The King chucked, observing the cross- bow closely.

......

Zayn had selected a few more weapons by noon, after a great deal of work. He was walking back to his room, while the same boy who'd showed him his room earlier, stopped him.

"Sire, this letter is for you..."

"For me?" Zayn asked, raising his eye- brow.

The boy nodded, going back through the same way he'd come. 

He opened the letter, carefully reading the letter that was sent by none other than the Princess herself, Anamika.

Your Highness, 

I request you to kindly visit my room.. I have a very important thing to discuss with you...

Anamika.

.......

He knocked on the door of her room. He was surprised at how quick she'd opened the door, and was more surprised at the condition of her face. Blood- shot eyes, smudged kajal, tousled hair... her face screamed nothing but trouble.

"Come in, Your Highness..."

He felt worried at seeing her at such a state, his curiosity badgered him with the questions that he had to ask her. 

"What has happened to you, Anamika...?" Zayn trailed off.

"I've realised my mistake, King Zayn... I discovered that a relationship between a man and a woman needn't always be that made out of love... friendship can exist between the two genders.."

"I'm glad you realised that... but is that the reason why you look upset?"

"I've been thinking about it from last night, and the thought has been lingering in my mind, waking me up at every attempt of mine to slumber... I am sorry...."

_____

Well, she's apologized, who knew?! 

Hey fellas! Are you happy with the double- update? It's been a while since that I guess :P Only two more chapters and you'll be reading the 40th Chapter of Apsara! OMG!

Well, this chapter has been dedicated to one of my readers @truant_delilah_xxx ! Love ya bae!!

Till then 

xoxo

sweetdreams199