47. Blood isn't thicker than Water

A strange feeling crept through her body as she travelled in the wooden vehicle. Thinking of meeting her family after six months, excited her.
But the saddening part was that she had couldn't meet her entire family. Her strongest pillar, her father wouldn't be there.

She wanted to talk to her mother and Parineeti, share their sorrows, taking some of it for herself, so that they wouldn't suffer.

She thought about all the people in Awadh she had to meet... mother, Parineeti, her friends, Suraj, his father and mother, King Pritvi Gupta....

Her heart skipped a beat in  fear as she thought about the last person.

She wondered how he would be feeling for the King was very close to her father. That was one  among many of the reasons that he wanted to wed her.

Then her mind reminded her of Suraj, one of her closest, elder paternal cousin brother.

Cousin Suraj.... naïve and kind hearted Cousin Suraj ... she described him.

According to the traditions of Awadh, the possessions of her father, Arvind, since he didn't have any son or grand son, would be passed on to Suraj's father, who was Arvind's brother.

So, Suraj's father, Ramesh, would be the next finance minister of Awadh... and after the death of Ramesh, the rights will be passed on to the son, Suraj.

......

As she approached the guard of the castle, the man could instantly recognise Apsara...

The man in his sixties, smiled joyfully as he saw her,"Apsara, dear! What a pleasure to see you after a long time!" He smiled warmly.

But then all his happiness faded away, "You did come to know about your father's demise, didn't you?"

"Yes I did..." She replied softly.

"I won't make you stand here for long, child... your mother and sister might be desperately waiting for you.." He opened the gates, and the huge palace came to view.

A few people crowded here and there around the house. She made her way through the spacious front yard to finally reach the opened door.

The people there stared at her. She expected them to greet her since she had made her return to her land after such a long time.  But they gave her awkward looks, rudely whispering to each other's ears.

As she turned her gaze from the people, her eyes met her sister's, who looked perplexed on seeing her.

"Nandini? You?...." Parineeti called her by her real name.

"Yes! It's me... I made it!" Apsara, smiled finally, with true happiness.

But Parineeti didn't change the confused expression on her face, she instead turned her neck, "Mother! Nandini is here to see you!" She said in a sarcastic manner.

........

"How dare you come here?... After all you have done!" Her mother screamed as she saw her own daughter.

Apsara felt the entire world freeze as those words feel from none other than her mother's lips.

"What did I do?" She asked, she wondered how her mother would turn against her.

"What did you do? Kill your father, having an affair with the Lahori King... and what not!?"

Apsara couldn't believe her ears... she wondered whom she'd seen first that day when she got up.

Apsara turned around and saw that each and everyone of the crowd was staring at her.

"Mother, whatever it is we can talk it over inside..."

"I am not letting you inside... for what reward did you kill your poor father?" She cried.

"I didn't kill him, mother! ... Parineeti, you were there when King Zayn ill treated me, right? " She hopefully looked at Parineeti, who scoffed.

"Trying to put me into trouble, aren't you?"

"Oh Lord!  Let it be a dream, let it be  a dream. .." Apsara murmured, unable to believe what was  happening right in front of her.

"It isn't a dream... it's reality." Parineeti arrogantly said.

"Because of you, we are forcefully pushed to  the streets..." Maya said.

"What?" Apsara asked in disbelief.

"Ramesh isn't the man we all thought to be... he has decided to throw us away after he has got the post..." Maya said.

"But mother, we already have houses in other parts of Awadh!" Apsara said.

"No... not anymore.."

"Father had sold it to pay off his debts.."Parineeti informed.

"What!? Father had debts?" Apsara asked her mother.

"Doesn't every man have?" Parineeti interrupted.

"I didn't ask you, Parineeti Devi!" Apsara angrily said.

"We don't have anywhere to go! It's all because of you!"

"But Suraj can help us! Suraj might give us a piece of land to us.. or at least a decent amount... so that we can live.." Apsara said.

"We don't need your help!" Maya said, shutting the door... not even allowing her to meet her dead father.

She bowed in embarrassment, turning towards the crowd who once again, began murmuring things that were probably about her.

She had definitely learned something that was truly contradictory to what she had been taught. ..

Blood is not thicker than Water....

_________

Hey there once again!  Another dramatic update :) thank you :p

And thank me for giving you guys a double update all of a sudden... But wait right there.

You could consider this update as a...err.... bribe :/

I won't be able to update for a while from now... i know it's sad... and I want to update very badly but as usual... the circumstances are not helping me to...

So I request you guys to vote and read, suggest this book to other wattpaders :) please? With King Zayn on top ;)

And a huge thank you to all of you guys for reading my book, supporting me and enthusiastically commenting on every chapter :*

5 days to go for TDBA s b'day !!! Anyone excited? Plus it is my bday too but you don't need to worry about that ;)

Just that you have to send me lots of love as a gift ; )

Till then
xoxo
sweetdreams199
P.S - updated through mobile ♡ ♡ ♡