52. The Fight - II

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"You see these people? They're my country- men... just as the sound of the gong is heard, these people will be eyeing us till one of us fail-" The sound of the gong was heard, and they took a few steps back, according to the norms of fencing.

They were dressed in plain white clothes, not in the special outfit that was usually worn during wars. The sound-waves of the metal awakened the enthusiasm of the audience who cheered.

"So let's start shall we?" She smirked.

_____

With those words, Shehryar's and Zayn's head turned towards the announcer who stated the rules of the fight.

"No harm, of a serious manner, must be caused to either of the opponents, intentionally or unintentionally... the winner of the fight will be entitled to the statements made by Queen Shehryar and King Zayn Malik Abdul Shah, and they will be in favour of the winner." The announcer said.

"Do you accept these norms?" The man asked, after reading out a few other laws from a scroll. Zayn opened his mouth but Shehryar spoke, "Yes, we accept!" She smiled, and looked at Zayn who gritted his teeth in frustration. 

The sound of the gong was heard again, which was indicator to start the fight.

Zayn, in anger towards his Aunt, aimed the sword towards her, trying to throw it away with his... but he was shocked at how effortlessly she blocked his attack.

Zayn grunted as she smiled, and with force, she moved Zayn's sword to the other side with hers, all while resting her free hand on her back.

The Lahori King tried his best to oppose the pressure that she was putting to move his weapon, but all his efforts were in vain gradually, he realized.

'I shan't succumb to this woman,' Zayn thought, as the sword was shifted away from him... Zayn gritted his teeth to fight back, but the outcome seemed to be the opposite.

The crowd cheered, praising their strong Queen, their screams, resonating in the entire arena, which made Zayn's blood boil.

With some final force left in him, and  with hope, he moved her sword, surprising Shehryar as he sword almost fell, but she blocked it smartly. But her face still held the startled expression of sudden attack. Zayn beamed, seeing the potential he had in him, out.

The wave of applause lashed among the spectators, as the metal of the swords clinked, as Shehryar and Zayn battled, a fight between the same blood...

When two equally powerful forces compete, one wouldn't be so sure on who would achieve excellence. 

Just one foolish move can ruin everything.

The crowd became silent, as the sword fell...

.........

After a long hiatus, Apsara finally entered her room, but the circumstances that led to the situation was not what she expected.

"Uh- you may spend your night here," Maya spoke in great discomfort.

Apsara nodded, seeing that all her things were kept neatly in its place, she gazed at it, not wanting to look at her mother's face.

"I suppose, it might be time for you to sleep..." She said.

"Yes, good night.." Apsara breathed, and she blew out the lamp that lit the room as her mother went away.

.......

"Told you, women were better than men," Shehryar chuckled at her nephew. They stood in the hall, where they'd held their meeting and lunch together. 

Zayn couldn't stand defeat. His Mughal ancestry didn't, ever, lose a battle, whether it was with thousands of troops and cavalry, or with a single man. 

But Shehryar was also a Mughal, she didn't hide the fact that she was one. She couldn't stop smiling at Zayn's, once confident face, which was now smothered in disgrace and jealousy.

The tower of ego that he'd built, had tumbled down, reducing into nothing but ashes.

"I lost only because of one wrong move," Zayn finally spoke back, defending himself.

"I didn't mean that you were playing horribly, you just needed to throw away your mask of ego ... you look better without it, trust me.."

Zayn looked away. "Well you did prove you were my nephew," She chuckled, joking.

"Look, I know I won't be getting any help from you regarding the war... so allow me to leave," Zayn spoke, with seriousness evident in his voice.

.......

A knock on the door, woke her up. She looked around and realized that it was still pitch dark, and that the sun hadn't shined yet.

She got up, lighting the lamp again, "You may come in," She said in her feeble voice, causing  the door to open.

"Having a sound sleep, aren't you?" Parineeti coldly spoke, looking at her sister.

"What do you want, Parineeti?" Apsara's tone raised, as she realized that her sister wasn't the kind of a person that she thought.

"I need answers," She stated.

"I guess I don't have enough answers to say to the stories that you fabricated..." Apsara spat.

"Oh that? That was just a part of my move.." She calmly spoke.

"What move?" 

"Nothing that you should be aware of, my dear sister..."

_____

Hey there! It's been EIGHT DAYS since I have updated :'( So I cut down my afternoon nap and thought of writing  a brand new chapter! YAYY! How was it, guys? I know you all are waiting for #Zapsara to happen, but it'll take a few more chapters to happen :/ But I know you all are really patient, and you will wait.

Also I need to remind you that after a few chapters, my updates might be quite irregular... *cries* I know this is heart- breaking for me and you, but I will be going to India in a few days, if you guys don't know, I'm an Indian by birth -_- and I have settled in the KSA ;) 

And I have to attend my cousin sis's wedding, and you know how busy Indian weddings are !

Sweetdreams199 gotta take a vacation, sometimes :P xD Cause wattpad is like my work place, and I take writing books as my part- time job, rather than a hobby :)

But I promise that I will try to keep updating even while I'm there, but you guys have to promise me that you will keep supporting me, circulate the book among your friends, on twitter etc. Keep voting on the chapters, and vote for the chapters that you'd forgotten to vote on *sly grin*

Comment sweet things, and click that follow button if you really like my works :)

This is for all the new Zapsarians, MUAHH :* And a big fat hug to you :3

Till then,

Happy vacations to all expatriates! AND RAMADAN MUBARAK

xoxo

sweetdreams199