35. Assassinate

A/N : This chapter has been set at two different time- zones and places. Enjoy! (I need your live comments)

Awadh.

"I knew she wouldn't be able to do it... I was darn sure!" Arvind arrogantly said, glancing at his daughter and wife, who had their heads bowed down in guilt. 

Parineeti should consider herself lucky, she was saved by the skin of her tooth when Zayn said they didn't have to stay in prison for two days, otherwise she, as well as her cousin, would've got into trouble.

It took a few days for them to reach back to Awadh, and Parineeti, was more than happy to set foot on her land, once again, though she couldn't complete the mission for what she'd gone there for. But being able to be free from a King who was known to follow his laws strictly, was only a chance that one would be able to receive once in a lifetime.

But now she felt it was better to stay in Zayn's infamously known filthy dungeons, than to listen to her father's reprimands, which greatly hurt her ego.

"You're so arrogant, Parineeti... so arrogant that you don't even listen to your own father!" He yelled, his voice boomed in their private family room... he tied his hands behind his back, pacing back and forth, tensed to the worst extent, beads of sweat on his forehead.

"I wonder what King Pritvi will have to say about this! He'd just come a few days back to request me for Apsara! And you!? You just ruined one of the closest allies he had!" He frantically said. Parineeti raised her head,

"Father... let me-"

"No more words! I am going to King Pritvi tomorrow to talk about this... go to sleep." He said, and Parineeti immediately left the room, leaving only the minister and his wife.

"I should've gone to her... now he wouldn't  give us back our daughter, even in our dreams!" He regretted.

"Don't say things like that, she will come back, Arvind... something tells me that she will...." She said placing her hands on his, in a promising manner.

The King nodded, trying to think optimistically for a while.."I guess we should go back to sleep..though I don't even think I will be able to.." He trailed off, walking away from the private hall, followed by his dear wife.

.......

The darkness of the night was as dark as coal, but with a slight hint of blue in it.... the star studded sky was fogged with clouds that were dark and depressing, and on that patch of darkness was the the moon that was dull and gloomy, which was the only source of light in the room, Arvind only had negative thoughts in his mind.

He stood near his window, not being able to sleep, thinking about his daughter...he sighed looking at the night sky. He turned to see his wife sleeping ever so peacefully, completely oblivious that her husband was not getting sleep.

'Something bad is certainly going to happen...' The minister concluded.

He looked down from his window to the ground, giving him a bird's - eye- view of the surroundings and the area beyond the main gate of his castle. 

But what he saw upon looking carefully, was a sight that would completely shock him.

A group of people on horses and swords with them, with the flag of a particular territory raised high in pride, approaching his castle. The flags were no ordinary ones, as they were of a very special empire's....Lahore, that was ruled by the cold- blooded Zayn Malik...