48. Blood isn't thicker than water- II

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara....

"But Suraj can help us! Suraj might give us a piece of land to us.. or at least a decent amount... so that we can live.." Apsara said.

"We don't need your help!" Maya said, shutting the door... not even allowing her to meet her dead father.

She bowed in embarrassment, turning towards the crowd who once again, began murmuring things that were probably about her.

She had definitely learned something that was truly contradictory to what she had been taught. ..

Blood is not thicker than Water....

......

Unbelievable. Thoroughly unbelievable... Apsara thought as she traveled in the same vehicle with which she had come to Awadh.

The filthy lies filled into her mother's ears by her very own sister was what made everyone, including her mother, turn against her.

She felt the only person who was there with her was the Almighty, but she even doubted that.

'For what sin am I suffering so much?' She thought as the carriage took her to the house of the next heirs of the ministry of finance, the Kumaars, but it wasn't Apsara's own family we're talking about, it was Suraj's family.

His father would be the next finance minister of Awadh.

According to the norms of Awadh, that is regarding what the ministers of the land followed, if there was any incapability or demise of a minister, the next heir to the 'throne' in this case, would be the son (preferably the eldest).

But since Arvind's family only had female heirs, which was not allowed as a female minister was unacceptable, the rights were now carried over to Arvind's younger brother Ramesh, who was Suraj's father.

.....

It took a few knocks on Suraj's room for Apsara, to open. The large mahogany door creaked with an eerie coldness. The man's expression changed soon as he saw her.

"You didn't attend your uncle's funeral," Apsara reminded her cousin, who smiled.

She waited for him to let her in on the grounds of manners, but he talked.

"I was quite busy, y'know..."

"With what?" Apsara was quite amazed.

"Well now that my father's in-charge of things, I have a say in matters now..." He darkly said.

She couldn't understand the deepness of his words.

"What do you mean?" She asked clearly.

"Now that your father isn't there, we can have our freedom, you know..." He said.

"What kind of freedom was denied to you while father was alive? And moreover Father was known for causing no harm!" She shot back, unable to bear the things said against her father.

"It was all because of your sister that I had to face all of this, Apsara!" He yells.

"Now, you're just diverting your blames on my sister, who has done nothing wrong..."

"I don't have the time to speak to you..." Suraj whispered, looking away.

"It's not that you don't have the time, it's just that you have power in your hands... I had just come here to ask you for helping my family who has nothing to rely or eat now,"

"Oh, don't you worry... soon they won't be having anything to live on.."

"What!?"

"We've got the rights to your property..."

"You! Why are you doing this to us? You weren't like this, Suraj!" She said, weeping.

"I know I wasn't, I was waiting for the right time.." He said closing the door.

_____

I know it's been a very long time since I have updated and I regret it :( There were many reasons behind my late update which i will stress on later.

In case you guys didn't know this is the 48th chapter of TDBA! Yayyy!

Congratulations to all the Apsarians!

And i really apologize for short update, I wanted this part to be short that's why :P

And for all those who don't know ! I have started another historical fiction called borders! So check that out as well!

Till then

xoxo

sweetdreams199