66. Indrajit.

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"He said he'd put a curse on me, you, and this land... I am beyond sickened by his words, although its just a creation of my subconscious thoughts..."

Zayn gulped as the word 'curse' came out Apsara's mouth.

"Could it be true, Your Highness? Did he lay a curse on us?"

Zayn could only think of the words of the priest. He suddenly wrapped his arms around her waist, and Apsara's heart beat quickened at their proximity. He kissed her forehead, "No one can separate us, not even Zafar, or any force... we're destined to be..."

She buried her head in his chest, feeling his warmth, and heart beat, which steadied hers, and finally her palpitating heart slowed down... the rhythmic beat, and his soothing caresses of her hair, took her back to sleep. And this time, she knew her King would protect her from the demons, in her dreams and in her life...

.....

The King had never felt this complete in his life, as he saw her, cocooned, in his embrace. Her face finally rested in a peaceful state, and her heart- beat finally synced with his own. He ran his thumb over her jaw-line, observing her like his most valued possession.

In no time, her lips were parted, succumbing herself into the state of loss of consciousness. He planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, and he felt her move slightly at his touch. She slightly whimpered in her sleep, "Don't worry, precious, it's me," He breathed, and she lost all her fear, and drifted back to her original state.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He mumbled, and discreetly left the room, not forgetting to leave a small sheet of paper beside her, before leaving. 

........

A ray of light touched her eye-lids, awakening her, as she moved the muscles beneath her eye-lids to gain back her state of  reality. When she opened her eyes, all that she could remember was the voice of Zayn in the dark, comforting her. She was amused at the rate of how fast everything had happened. 

If she would ask herself, even a few days back, about the monarch, her answer today, would be very distinguishable from her previous opinions. The man she had feared, the man she had despised, was the one who was comforting her through the toughest times of her life.

The picture that she drawn of the man whom she had considered to be the 'Devil', lost its true meaning and purpose. She didn't even think of him as an angel, she just thought of him as a human, an atom of the entirety that was mankind, an abode of both vice and virtue. And that was what made her attract to him.

She looked towards the other side of the bed, to see it empty. She knew he would've left. For the first time, after the departure of her friends from the palace, she saw the silk sheets unevenly spread, indicating the earlier presence of someone on it, and this time, she smiled, knowing that it was none other than the King himself.

But a note caught her attention, she picked it up and read the King's message for her,

Dear Apsara,

Visit in me in the courtyard after the afternoon prayers.I don't want you to have any escort with you, as I shall not be having any.

King Zayn.

She wondered why he'd wanted to visit her. She wondered when he'd left the room last night. But she kept all her thoughts aside to have a bath, and prepare for her own morning prayers.

......

"You said you wouldn't be having any escort  with you, Your Highness," Apsara sighed, as she met the King in the vast court- yard of the palace, where the guard, whom she was referring to, was providing a shade for the King, from the scorching heat. The guard eyed Apsara suspiciously, probably wondering why the King would want to have a private meeting with the court dancer.

The Divine Beauty-Apsara {Zayn Malik} AU (Under Editing) #MissionDesiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara