40. Wicked

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"Well tell me who should I believe... everyone knows about you, King Zayn... I'd seen you had  an eye on my daughter from the first day, but I let it go then... how foolish of me?" Amar slapped his forehead with his palm.

"You shouldn't trust your daughter King Amar! She's not as innocent as you think she is..."

"Who are you interfere in this matter? The kindest punishment I'd give you is a ban from ever entering this country...and we're no more sponsoring any of our weapons for your pointless war!"

"Thank you! Thank you very much then!" King Zayn stormed out of the room.

"I'm leaving for Lahore!" He said as he left.

........

Zayn had his clothes and valuables neatly packed by the evening.. he was reciting his prayers as the sun went down, planning to leave as soon as it got over.

He'd felt disgusted at the cheap means Anamika followed to take revenge on him. Lying, betraying and above all blaming someone for what they haven't done at all... the list of vices Anamika'd done went on... and just in the name of being rejected by him!

He was kneeling on the rug, and then standing up, with his eyes closed , while reciting his prayers... being close to the Almighty was the only way for him to release all the humiliations and sadness that he was going through at that moment.

.......

As his invocations got over, he rolled the mat, mentally preparing himself to leave. Though he'd been in Mewar only for a few days, hardly two weeks... the  things that the land of the Rajputs had to offer was depressing.

He opened the door, and his personal assistants got in to take away his luggage. They marched in, and took away the huge trunks, containing his documents, contracts and agreements which was of no use now.

The room was void of all his possessions that he'd carried during his short stay at the palace. He looked around once again, sighing deeply, with a sorrowful heart.

The exit of the servants gave cue to the entry of Anamika, dashing a sly grin, enjoying the King's doleful mood, who had his back turned away from her, oblivious to her arrival.

She boldly walked up to the King, her chin barely touching his shoulder. His heart skipped a beat, at the sudden sensation that passed through his body. He could guess that it was her, by recognizing the sweet scent that she had, which he was quite familiar with now.

"Isn't the pain you've caused me enough for you, Anamika?" Zayn's voice quivered as he looked into the distance. The only thing Anamika could see was his slightly long, jet black hair, on top of which he wore a skull- cap, which he wears during his prayer.

She couldn't guess the pain which Zayn's words held. "I told you to mark my words then... you should've been smart enough to know how well I play the game..."

With that he turned towards her, with tears taking shape at the edges of his eyes. 

"What was the mistake I'd done? Saying that I'd already fallen in love with a girl that wasn't you?"

"Well, surely she wouldn't be as beautiful and smart as I am!" She spat.

"No... you're wrong! She is much  beautiful and much smarter than you're.... in fact Anamika, you should know by now that you aren't smart... instead you're one revengeful and crooked female..." He said with gritted teeth, while tears rolled down his bony cheeks.