31. A Request from Qandahar

*Maulvi- religious scholar of Islam*

_______

"Apsara... I'm in love with you!" 

Those six words that erupted from his mouth, echoed and reverberated in her mind, her temper building up each time those word played again...

He moved a few more inches closer to her, with his torso pressed against her. He wrapped his hands around her waist, looking at her expectantly.

"Say something, my love.." He whispered, she could see his eyes watering at the edges of his expressive eyes..

If he weren't a King, she, with all pleasure, would've slapped him then and there, but she controlled the huge tide of acrimony that she wanted to lash on him.

"Leave me..." Her lips were quivering, Zayn felt disheartened instantly. It wasn't the first time she'd said something very harsh to him, but even when he was truthful enough to admit that he liked, no loved, her.. she ended up loathing him more and more..

He gently rubbed his thumb over her plump lips, not speaking out a single word... 

"Leave me." Her voice gained more courage, taking his vulnerable state as an advantage.

"Apsara,-" 

"I said leave me alone! Stay away from me!" She screeched, and with that he moved slightly away from her..he was shocked at how she'd just spoke to him.. she moved away from him, but his hand caught her wrist at the right time.

"Tell me, why don't you love me?.." Apsara squirmed, bearing the pain that his grip gave her.

"Is it  because of another man? Is there a man other than me in your life?" His yelled, with inquisitiveness.

"How can you be so sure that you are the only man in my life? You weren't in my heart in the first place.." 

"Is it Zafar?" He asked, Apsara's  eyes widened in shock. 

He knew it.. all his guesses were right. Zayn had a very intuitive mind... he could process what could happen, and the consequences of each thing he does... but little did he know that life was just about to give him a bitter- sweet taste of itself.

"I'll give you some time to think about it, but when you're ready, I need a positive reply, I'll never take no as an answer, Apsara..." 

"Prepare yourself, Your Highness, for I'll give you the answer right now... I'm in my full consciousness when I say, and I've already said that, I loathe your existence.."

His grip tightened, a sharp pain passed through his and her body at the same time... while Apsara just felt the physical pain of Zayn's grasp, he felt the more intense and worst thing of all, mental pain..

"You're the only one who wished that I died..." A tear slipped from his eye, it was uncontrollable..her presence made him not get a command of his own body..he might be the King of all, despotic and suppressing, but he failed to rule his own mind, as it was ruled by his influences, and a certain someone, Apsara..

"I bet you, Your Majesty, with this attitude of yours everyone would wish that you died..."

He left her hand, "Go!" He shouted at her.

"I didn't wish to come here the first place!" She snapped back,  leaving the room, with him alone...

He buried his head in his huge palms, raking his warm hair, tightly shutting his eyes.. it was hard to accept it. "She hates me..." He mumbled.. he walked upto his mirror, looking at himself...