33. Mewar

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

He turned to leave... but he stopped in his tracks and walked again upto her.

"Will the thing that I'm  about to tell you now make you happy?"

"I don't know what you're going to say, Your Highness.." His intimidating height, kept her head craned up to get a good view of him...

"I haven't killed your family, Apsara... they're still alive"

...........

"What d'you mean?" She asked, looking at him in disbelief.

"I said, your parents are alive.... and your sister, cousin.. everyone!" He clearly spoke.

A wide smile spread across Apsara's face for the first time in front of Zayn... He considered himself lucky to finally see Apsara smile.

"You really didn't kill them?" She asked again, trying to confirm the newly obtained information.

"I haven't... trust me.."

"Thank you, Your Highness... thank you so much!" She exclaimed in happiness, folding her hands in gratitude. He held both her wrists, separating them, smiling. He didn't need any of Apsara's words of thanks.. he just needed her to smile, and he was successful in achieving that.

"You don't need to fold your hands... just accept me, at least as a human being, darling..." He said, his eyes brimming with desperation.

"Can I meet them?" She said, completely ignoring Zayn's request. All that she was bothered about was her family, she had completed all the obligations she had towards Zayn by thanking him... other than that, she didn't want to keep any link that'd make her cling to him.

"I'm afraid not... at least for now, I must be fair towards the people who heard me say that you wouldn't be going to Awadh soon..."

Her bright smile dimmed almost immediately as he said that. He escaped soon by bidding her farewell. But she didn't bother to wish him a happy journey, she didn't even know why he was leaving for Mewar...

Whatever the reason was, she was relieved, she was happy that everything was finally back in place... she got her family back, she couldn't stop grinning. She looked at the sparrow that he gave, the first gift that she's accepted from him wholeheartedly, though she didn't tell him about it.

She hung the hook of the cage on the window frame of her window... the bird chirped, eating a few lentils kept in another bowl. "Aren't you the cutest thing?" She cooed, earning another chirp from it.

"You're beautiful!" She said, observing the bird in the cage.

......

Jamila walked through the corridors, she'd just returned from Apsara's room... she felt devastated. Her tears were a result of that, she felt like the most selfish person on the planet. She immediately wiped her tears  seeing a small crowd of maids talking during their work.

Curious, she went up to them, smiling and listening to what they were talking..

"Oh! Jamila! Where have you been?" One of them asked her smiling.

"Well, I'd just returned from Apsara's room..." Jamila said.

"What happened?" Another curious one asked.

"Well, the King had to talk to her personally, so I returned back.." Jamila bit her tongue as soon as she said that...

"I have doubts on Apsara's character, the King's always behind her..."