63. Dawn

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

It wasn't that King Zayn was an angel with a golden heart. He knew just how to inflict pain on those had done it to him.

And Zayn's way of doing it was to order Farhat to watch her Son's execution as an audience.

"Any last words, Prince Zafar?" He repeated, this time more sternly.

"Go to Hell, Zayn!" Zafar whispered.

Zayn chuckled, and with a flick of his wrist, the rope tightened around him, stopping his step- brother's breath. The Prince lost all his senses, as the coir suffocated him.

His eyes traveled towards his mother, who cried, not being able to see her son die.

......

And finally, the land had lost it's Prince.

......

The only person mourning in the court was Farhat, while the rest of the crowd, looked in awe as they'd just witnessed a 'royal' execution, for the first time in their life. While some people cupped their mouths in shock, most of the people felt that a weight'd just been lifted off their chests.

Knowing that some intruder, claiming himself to be the Prince, had planned to kill their beloved King had hurt the feelings of the simple, and straight- forward Lahori people. They'd heard the judgement, and they themselves judged the accused, in their minds... and decided that the Prince and his Mother would only be remembered with an aching heart, out of sheer hatred in the future.

The crowd cheered their ruler's name,

"Long live the King of Lahore ! Long live the ruler!" They cheered again, and Zayn felt that everything'd come back to its place, just the way it should be. A rush of adrenaline made him roar with pride, on seeing his people's enthusiasm to finish evil. The sound of the crowd made Farhat's helpless cries, inaudible.

The Lahori people weren't the one's to clap to show their happiness. They felt that the action was just a mere formality, and they believed in the notion of flaunting their emotions openly, whether it'd be of contempt or glee.

The crowd kept encouraging their King through their praises. Zayn smiled out of true happiness for the first time, after a long lapse.

His elation had been magnified to the extent that he lifted the dead body of his half- brother, by the shoulders, like showcasing a pricey antique material.

"Burn his body, your Majesty! His body must turn to ashes in front of us!" One of the people in the ground yelled.

The King'd heard his subject's request, "I appreciate my worthy subject's fervour in this matter, but the thing is that we don't need to burn his body here, while his body would burn and rot in hell,"He said, gritting his teeth. He looked at Farhat, weak, almost unconscious... no one turned to help the royal member. She cried and fell on to the ground hearing Zayn's spiteful words.

.....

The Sun had set behind the trees, giving its way to the night. The circle'd been complete. Just as how the Moon was giving it's path to the blazing Sun, the Moon was now returning back... and there, the cycle reached back to its initial spot.

And just how Yasmin had left all her happiness, all her luxuries, for someone whom she'd thought didn't deserve it... Farhat was now going through the same scenario, only that her departure, for good, was not as discreet as Yasmin's.

There was the entire palace waiting for her to leave, by the main gate.

In front of the crowd stood, the King, and his adviser, Zahar Mahmood. Zayn didn't look his step- mother in the eye, as she wept. He looked away, with no amount of remorse in his actions.