14. Evil Plans

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"I think I know what to do...'' Zayn said nonchalantly. "The court is dismissed." He declared and impatiently walked out of the hall without anyone for his escort unlike usual....

____________

He stormed through the corridors in a quick pace. He made his way to his room, with confused workers staring at the King who looked angry with creased eyebrows. 

He slammed the door of his room shut and walked to his desk where a stack of neat, white paper and a bottle of ink with a feather next to it was kept.  He hastily sat on the chair and grabbed his writing equipment and wrote a message back to Pritvi, the King of Awadh...

My dearest acquaintance, Pritvi,

I am thoroughly flattered by your remarks about me on the official letter you'd sent me... I've decided to give the reply to the message you'd given me unofficially... I'm amazed by the talent in the artists of your country and I appreciate the fact that you've brought them to the level of professionals....It's a saddening fact that I have to send back "all" of your dancers, whom I thought you've sent me as a gift out of friendship...but as you know, gifts are not supposed to be taken back. But since I've seen a tone of a desperate plea in your letter, I'll be sending everyone but Apsara, and I hope there won't be any questions asked on why I'm doing this...

I'll also be sending the dancers immediately to Awadh, with all their payment covered...

I hope "you" take my request to consideration this time...

Zayn Malik Abdul Shah

"That'll shut him up..." The arrogance of the King after writing the letter was evident as he spoke to himself. He knew that the King of Awadh would have to accept his request for keeping Apsara with him as he was much powerful than Pritvi was.

He read the letter several times and he could not hide the smile in him, he could finally have Apsara, all alone, with him.... All these days, her friends were a barrier between him and her... but he felt that Pritvi's letter was actually a boon in disguise. He had plenty of other dancers too, so he didn't bother about losing a few, except Apsara.

He got up from his seat completely ignoring the white envelope that Mariam had kept last night. He walked back through the court with the same speed. He spotted a guard next to the door of the court.

Without any formal greetings he confronts the guard, "I want you to send this letter to the King of Awadh, as soon as possible..." Zayn said in a hushed voice.

"But sire, isn't Awadh too far from Lahore?" The weak and pale guard asks. "Well, are you going to send it or are you going to tell me about the distance from Lahore to Awadh? I'm not down for any of that!" He shouts at the poor lad. 

"I'm sorry, your majesty, I'll send it to Awadh..." The guard leaves the scene.

The King smiles demonically and walks in the opposite direction towards the dancers' room, where he was about to break the news to them.

..........

"She's such an easy target! She immediately believed everything I said!" Zafar boasted in front of his mother who was cackling like a witch, listening to their plan working successfully.

"Continue your poisoning, son... she'll soon begin hating him" Farhat said sitting on her dressing chair, in her room, looking at the distance and thinking of ways by which she could ruin her son's life.

"I guess she already hates him, Mother! Because I've told her such things about Zayn... but. once everything's done, what  about Apsara?" Zafar's curious mind asked.