16. Memories

Zayn put out all the fire once the room was warm enough. He drank a sip of water from the pitcher kept on the desk. 

He walked up to his bed and sat on it, looking at the distance, thinking about how horribly his life was going. He had a war to fight in a few months, what was more horrible was the fact that he was going to fight against his own brother in- law! 

"I might destroy Zaisha's life if I kill Nadir in the war... everything she's dreamt of will be gone..." Zayn thinks sadly. Though there's been a lot of things affecting Zayn's and Zaisha's relationship to the point that he'd openly said that he hated Zaisha, Zayn still loved her to the bottom of his heart.

The only problem was that Zayn was too egoistic to even forgive his sister. He leaned back on the bed, staring at the ceiling for a few minutes, only thinking of Zaisha and their childhood memories.

He cozied himself up and he slowly fell asleep...

........

"Bhaijaan! Let me play the kite with you.." The five year old Zaisha,pulls her brother Zayn's white kurta, pestering him to allow her to play. Zayn, who was nine, was energetically pulling the string of the kite, while Zahar, the minister who also helped little Zayn, watched them play. 

The point of Zayn being the administrator of a country at a young age just seemed wrong, so Zahar advised him on any issue that Zayn's childish mind couldn't understand. 

"Wait Zaisha.... I'll give the kite to you!" Zayn angrily said in his then,high- pitched voice, managing the kite in the windiest day in Lahore then. 

The restless little Zaisha pulls on Zayn's sleeve to catch his attention. He looks at Zaisha with angry eyes and finally hands over the kite to the tiny girl.

Zahar, who loved watching the playfulness of the two, smiled at the distance. Zaisha, moving her neatly braided pigtails, pulled the kite, unable to manage the kite with the symbol of Zayn's kingdom that moved with great force.

Zayn stood next to her, with an all-knowing attitude, with his arms folded tightly. Little Zaisha struggled to hold the string in her small hands.

Zayn gasps as he sees his favourite kite fly away in the morning sky.

"Look what you've done!"  Zayn yells at his sister, who also had the same expression of shock as his. Zahar, who was standing away, walked towards them as he could sense some problem.

"I'm sorry..." The girl says, in a shaky voice. 

"You know, she didn't do that on purpose, King Zayn?" Zahar asks, but receives no reply from the angry King who's lost his favourite kite. '

The trio looked towards the opened door of the terrace as they saw Zafar, the King's brother, approaching them. 

"What's the matter?" Zafar asks Zayn, looking at Zaisha, crying, hugging Zahar for help.

"Zaisha lost my kite!" Zayn complains to Zafar. Zafar who was as cunning as a fox looked at Zaisha and then back at Zayn. Inspite of just being eight years old, Zafar's mind worked very wickedly.

"I bet Zaisha has done this on purpose!" Zafar blames Zaisha, who opened her mouth wide open in shock. Inspite of being his own sister, Zafar never supported or liked Zaisha as she was very attached to Zayn. 

"No! I haven't!" Zaisha says, with streams of tears rolling down her eyes, hugging Zahar tighter to defend her. Zayn puffed out a great sigh of anger and walks out of the scene in his usual arrogance.

"Why did you do that?" Zaisha says in her tiny voice to Zafar who had a slight smirk appearing in his face. 

- - - -

The Divine Beauty-Apsara {Zayn Malik} AU (Under Editing) #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें