70. Cure

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"Will you take care of me, Apsara?" He asked.

"I will," She said, taking the bowl, and applying the medicine onto her lover's bruises. Zayn fought the urge to throw away the bowl and ravish her like a beast, but that was the old Zayn, which was now trapped somewhere in the distance, unable to break free.

Zayn took in a sharp breath, as Apsara delicately nursed his wound. "Apsara," He moaned in pain.

"It's okay, it will go away," Apsara said, in an assuring tone.

"-Marry me, Apsara,"

........

Apsara looked deep into his bruise, trying to apply as much herbs as she could. 

"Marry me, Apsara"

Zayn could see her hands freezing, the slight lump in her throat moving downwards. Zayn wasn't aware that he was holding his breath until Apsara spoke, "Sire, I think the sudden attack on you has affected your thoughts," She joked, and lifted her head to smile at the King. But her joy faded as she saw Zayn looking at her, hurt.

"King Zayn, are you serious?" Apsara gasped, her heart-beat sped up, as she looked into his eyes. The tears glinted his eyes, as he threw the bowl of herbs away, crashing on the floor, causing Apsara to flinch at his sudden reaction.

"Of course, I am!" He yelled, shaking Apsara by her arms. She shut her eyes tight, not wanting to meet the eyes of the Zayn that'd once given her bad memories.

"Sire, you're hurting me..." She whimpered, and Zayn realized that he'd gone too far. He ran his palm through her wrists, and he could feel her pulsating veins, that thumped at a rate that alarmed him. 

He inched closer to her face, "Apsara," He said, looking at her. Apsara opened her eyes, to meet his, as Zayn, ran his finger through her jaw-line. 

"Apsara, the day I first met you, I was baffled by the aura you had around you... it was that of innocence, simplicity and above all, your beauty... you taught me things that I have never learned, given me thoughts that I would ponder on for days, you have given me the urge to transform myself, into a completely different individual, that everyone would treat with respect," Zayn could see the tears accumulating in her eyes, as he continued.

"It is you, Apsara, who has given me that feeling of completeness, every time I take in the feel of your lips , the touch of your hands on mine, I feel like I have accomplished, and conquered everything, even now staring at you, when I am bruised and in pain, I feel painless, because you take it all away with your presence... I know you will take care of me, I know whatever ailment I may suffer, you will nurse me back to life, you are my medicine, my cure..."

"But, my dear, when I am so assured, when I am so affirmative of our relationship, and  about you," He sighed. "Why are you still confused?" He asked, and Apsara set her eyes down. 

"Look at me, dear," He whispered, and she did.

"I will wake you up to cherish every sunrise and relish every sunset, I will make you see things, things which are pleasurable, things that would happiness to your life... I will take care of you, treat you like the Queen of Lahore you will be, but only if you give me a chance, that's the only thing I am eligible of asking you ,"

Tears streamed down her face, as Zayn pulled her into an embrace. She wrapped her arms over Zayn's back, gripping it tighter than ever.

"Will you marry me, will you be my Queen, the only woman, I would care and live for?" He asked.