26. Fuel To His Fire

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"You know why I asked Father to let you accompany me? Because he wanted me to go with a man...so I thought I'd take you with me -a man from the outside, but a coward on the inside! "She sassily spoke as she successfully reached the other side, accompanied by the sound of bushes.

Suraj, feeling hurt, at his sister's remarks, decided to prove her wrong and jumped after her.

They hid themselves in the bushes, they felt everything was safe now... but as they were about to make a move, they heard an unwelcoming voice of a male....

"Guards! There are intruders in the palace!!"

.........

Parineeti, for the first time in her life, gulped in fear... she looked at Suraj, whose face held the same fear that she had as she the heard the King of Lahore, yelling at their guards who ran in their direction...

They ran for their lives, within the four large walls of the palace, not being fast enough for the incredibly efficient army that King Zayn had...

In no time, Zayn had the luck to see the people who King Nadir'd sent to kill him, that's what he thought... he rubbed his palms in excitement at his achievement....

Parineeti and Suraj moved restlessly under the guards hold. Zayn's expression changed as soon as he saw a woman in front of him..

The duo who'd been  held up, had a nice look at the King who'd captivated their sister only with his power.... the King who everyone talked about, rumored about... The King who was one of the most powerful Kings on the subcontinent... the King who stood right in front of them, with a facial expression of that of an angry bull, gearing up to charge against them...

"Is Nadir so low to bring a woman to finish me!?" Zayn scoffed, eyeing the woman that stood on front of him, her hair covered with a scarf, which she'd intended to  wear, so that the King wouldn't see her.

The palace woke up to his sound, to see the drama happening outside... gradually everyone was outside their rooms, as it was very rare that anyone trespassed into the King's residence...No one bothered to question the King on the poor treatment he gave to the two people that helplessly stood in front of him.

And one among the crowd was Apsara, unable to see, who the King was yelling at in the middle of the night... 

She stood behind the crowd, only to hear the playback of the King's admonishes... 

Her mind didn't even process the fact that it'd be her own sister and cousin who was being insulted in front of the residents of the palace.... She turned around, not the least interested in the monarch's problems...

"Tell me! Did King Nadir send you here!?" The King yelled at the top of his voice.

"How many times should I tell you? We're from Awadh!" A female voice vociferated back.

And that's when it hit Apsara, her eyes widened in shock, she spun, made her way to the crowd, only to see the King pulling her sister's hair, along with Suraj who shivered at the King's mighty presence in front of him...

Parineeti cried in pain, as the King pulled her long, onyx- coloured hair, which was free from her shawl...

Parineeti noticed her younger sister's arrival, her eyes begged her to save her from the monster that was hurting her at the moment... Apsara's eyes were with tears as she screamed, "Don't do anything to her! She's my sister!"

Zayn immediately pulled away from his tightened grip, Parineeti grabbed her hair softly, whimpering from the pain that the King'd offered her from the past twenty seconds or so.