4. Toy

The dancers including Apsara reached their room with their new friend, the maid. Apsara was beyond shocked at the view of the enormous room that she and her friends were going to spend the next couple of days in. 

It was larger than her and her sister Parineeti's room combined! She danced like a ballet dancer, happily swirling her body around getting a view of the classy room she was in. Her friends giggled as she stood holding her forehead as she was dizzy due to all the spinning.

"Let me know if you need anything, the King has told me to take good care of you all... especially, you." The maid said looking at Apsara, who had her eyes wide open in surprise. But she soon forgot about it as she looked at each furniture, with amazement in her eyes.

The maid sighed at how innocent Apsara was. She turned to leave the room when Apsara called her.

"Would you mind to tell me what's your name?" She asked kindly.

"Jamila..." She smiled and left the room.

.......

 Just after his little intorduction to her life the King walked to the door of the room ,alone excusing the minister, where a woman, probably in her sixties, but looked unbelievably young, was brushing her hair sitting on a dressing chair, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Zayn cleared his throat to catch her attention, but his attempt was futile. 

"Mother..." He called with all the tenderness in his voice. She'd heard him but she still kept her cold expressions without any change.

"Heard that you've brought a new girl to play with.. Is she your new toy?" The woman, Zayn's mother, Farhat was her name, said rudely to his son, who shuffled uncomfortably at the choice of her words. 

"She's not my toy, mother.." He protested, slightly annoyed.

Unfortunately, she was to be his toy.

"Well, I can see the signs and by judging the ways that you have brought her here to stay, you'll possibly have se.."

Before she could say it, Zayn placed his palm in the air as a sign for her to stop.

"I've made it clear that I have no intentions of doing anything to her, mother!" He said gritting his teeth. It was the biggest lie he's ever said...

Farhat turned to groom herself looking at her reflection. She gave Zayn a cold stare, demanding him to leave, and Zayn turned around and without saying a word of farewell, he left the room.

Farhat never considered Zayn as a son, she's never, even once, has called his name with affection. She never support him any of the steps in his life.

Zayn was only jealous of one thing, Zafar, his brother, whom Farhat looked after like the most precious thing in the world.

Zayn loved both of them with all his heart, it's his family we're talking about. But he's never got anyone's love back....

.....

The day had seen it's end, and everyone in the palace was asleep. The King was the last to go to bed, as he had some last minute paper work to do. 

He removed his Turkish turban casually from his head and placed it near the bed side table on which a dimly lit lantern and a book of the Chronicles of his family was kept. He took the book in his hand and lied down on the bed.

He read the book page by page and by each word his eyes began to get heavy and soon, he was in a state of deep sleep.

A beautiful lamp was kept on the floor. The light emitted from the lamp was blinding the King's view. He tried to observe the lamp closely but something kept pulling him away from it. 

But suddenly the lamp burst into thousand of pieces. The King moved away to stop the shards of the metal piercing his face. And to his amazement his hazel eyes met her dark brown eyes.

"Apsara?" He asked in disbelief.

She giggled shyly in reply. The King approached closer to her and looked at her mesmerizing features.

"Y-You're beautiful..." Zayn remarked.

"Call me whatever you want, 'cause I'm your toy.." She said smiling, but in a negative tone.

He suddenly gasped as he was awake by the sound of bangles at the doorstep.

____________

Cliffhanger! Haha! I'm finally and officially done with my exams so I can spend more time for this book which has got an awesome 57  reads within five days! Love y'all to the moon....plus, the next chapter might be a bit "steamy" so yeah, wait for that... till then chao! :)

P.S- This chapter is dedicated to @Priya_5lovesSRK who has supported me from the beginning of this book. Love you, sweetheart!

P.P.S- If you don't know what  a Turkish turban is, it's provided in the multimedia section for your reference. <3

xoxo

sweetdreams199