13. Honest Opinions

Zayn dressed in his usual attire. He wore the Turkish turban, that matched his perfect green coloured suit, studded with precious stones. He had one last look at the mirror. He felt more confident and fresh than last night. 

He walked out of his room and greeted all the workers outside, who were busy with their daily chores. The workers bowed in front of the King and he walked further through the corridor with speed. His stomach still grumbled as he'd not eaten a single thing since last night, so he decided to head to his private dining hall, where he and his family could only sit.

"Good afternoon, sire..." Zahar greeted Zayn with an honest smile, standing by the corridor, observing the rich gardens. 

Zayn smiled back. He still couldn't understand no matter how much he would shout or yell at Zahar, he'd still be polite and forgiving. 

Or maybe it's because I pay him... He ignored his conscience and greeted him back the same way.

"I hope you had a pleasant sleep last night," Zahar said.

Zayn's mind played the rude words that he told Zahar yesterday. "About last night,.." The monarch started, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I'm extremely sorry for what I said to you last night, it's just that I wasn't myself last night..." He said, not believing that he was genuinely apologizing to someone. 

"I've already forgetten about it, your highness, you needn't apologize to me.." Zahar said. Zayn smiled one last time and he entered the dining hall to have his lunch.

Zayn's pleasant smile immediately turned into anger as he saw his mother and brother in the hall, having their meal. He knew the hall was their's too, but now wasn't the time that he wanted to see them.

"Oh! Good mor.. oh I'm sorry, good afternoon, son.." Farhat mocked, while Zafar gave a one- sided grin, but suddenly became serious as Zayn looked at him. 

"Good afternoon.." He said in the same tone as Farhat's. He turned back and looked towards Zahar who stood near the door. He actioned him to leave and Zahar does so.

Zayn walks through the ginormous room and walked to his regular seat, the head of the table. 

"So I saw Mariam the last night near your room, and she turns up only today..."Farhat begins while Zayn balls his fists under the table, to hide his burning anger.

"So you've even began stalking me?" Zayn retaliates with mock laughter. "It's my life, I can live it the way I want to..." Zayn says while the waiter brings him his lunch, and they stop the conversation abruptly.

"I guess you've forgotten that you're a monarch! You have a country to rule! I guess Zafar's much eligable to be the King of Lahore than you, Zayn!" Farhat says coldly.

"Well I guess my so called eligable brother,Zafar, is behind court dancers.." Zayn countered, slightly banging on the table as he saw Zafar's expression change to a blank one.

Zayn expected Farhat's face to change too, but she gave a wicked laugh, "Really Zafar!? I can't believe this! Oh my son's flirting with women, such a fate for a mother like me!" Farhat said in a sarcastic tone, looking at Zafar, only to worsen Zayn's mood.

Zafar gave a half grin to his Mother and brother and continues his meal. There was silence in the room after Farhat's words. Zayn ate the rest of his meal, clenching his fork tightly, trying not to erupt the big volcano of anger in him.

Zafar and Farhat finished their lunches and noisily creaked the chair against the floor, while getting up, enjoying Zayn gritting his teeth, looking away from them angrily.