72. Anew

Previously on The Divine Beauty Apsara...

"Yes, the ceremonies have just got over, therefore meeting him in this hour would be impossible,"

"If that's the case, can I sleep here tonight?" The woman asked.

"I wouldn't let a lady sleep out in the dark!" The man said.

"Please, young man, let me, I can't go back again, I came from a place very distant from here," She begged and reasoned.

"Fine, here, take this blanket, the nights are cold here... I will inform the King about you tomorrow," The man said.

"Thank you, may God bless you,"

"May I know your name?" The guard asked.

"You'd rather not know about me,"

.......

The heat of the fire melted the wax of the candles as time ticked. The lights went dimmer, lessening the brightness of the room.

Zayn kissed Apsara, for the last time that night. A kiss, so chaste and so pure, was shared between the two. As the night grew wilder, the couple covered themselves with silk sheets to warm them. The King covered her bare chest, looking at her deeply, the memory of their most intimate moment still intact and fresh. The King raised his head to look at her, with his elbow to support himself.

Apsara looked at the King, placing her palm gently on his cheek, her lips moulding a smile.

"Did it hurt?" He asked, quite concerned.

"No, it felt," She paused to blush, and giggled slightly.

The King chuckled, "You needn't tell me if you feel embarrassed about it," He said.

Zayn finally rested his back on the bed and turned to Apsara's side. He slowly ran his fingers through her neck and her collar-bone in deep thought.

"Now," He started, "Take rest, it seems to me that I have taken away all the energy from you," The King gleamed.

"Well, haven't you?" Apsara smirked. 

The King leaned in to plant a kiss on his lover's cheek, "Sleep, dear, you have to prepare for your coronation tomorrow," Zayn reminded.

Apsara got up from the bed, earning a confused look from the Monarch. Zayn watched her body, bare-clothed, intently, as she walked to the other side of the room, bending down to blow out the candles. He smiled as he saw the silhouette of her figure in the dark.

She walked back to the warm bed and covered herself with the sheets. She nuzzled to her husband's chest and drifted to a world of serenity.

.......

"Wake up, dear," She could hear the softness of his voice. And with great difficulty, she forced her eyes to open, to find out it was still dark.

"King Zayn, the Sun hasn't risen yet," She complained, pulling him by his arm back to the bed.

"I know, Apsara, I needed to show you something," The King said, excitement brimming  in his voice.

Zayn was finally successful in bringing her out of the chaise, leading his protesting wife to the window, which was still unopened. 

Zayn stood behind her, wrapping his hand around her waist, while the other opened the window. The view showed a deep blue sky, under which the pond stood, with trees surrounding the water body.

The distant sound of cooing was heard, Zayn smiled and leaned in to whisper in her ear, "You remember when I said that I would make you cherish every sunrise of your life?"