37. Revenge

(Unedited)

"My heart's with another, Anamika...."

His words echoed in her ears. She felt a sharp pain in her chest, making its way to her entire frame.

''Who is it? I ought to know" She said holding his arms, in frustration and jealousy.

"Apsara..." He mouthed, his voice nearly audible.

"But you like me, don't you?"

"No! How many times I should tell you this, Anamika? There's nothing between you and me! It was a mistake....." He mumbled the last five words that fell from his mouth, looking away from her anger-filled gaze.

"You don't have any clue whom you've hurt, Your Highness. You'll soon pay the price for not treating me right!" She challenged, while drops of tears of feeling rejected, rolled down the apples of her cheeks.

No one had ever rejected Anamika in the twenty-three years of her life. Every man of the land would fall  head over heels for the Mewari beauty. And now when she finally desired for a man, a king, one of the most finest, most handsome young man in the place, she felt everything was going perfectly in track.

And when he moved his soft lips, along with hers, she felt that the King had accepted her as a partner... but she was too soon in reaching to a conclusion.

When he made it clear that he'd no feelings for her, she felt like the entire world'd turned upside down. In her view, she was perfect and there was nothing that stood out awkwardly in her personality....

She was beautiful ... she had been assured of that by plenty of men, son of Kings and Lords having immense wealth.

Revenge. The word flashed in her mind like a jolt of electricity.

"You've hit the wrong nerve, Your Highness...."She weakly challenged.

And to that, he chuckled, looking at her, her lips pressed into a hard line.

"What's the worst you're going to do? Scream loudly to wake the palace, and your father up, and say that I've called you to the room ? Your idle threats  are the least intimidating..." The king brushed her words aside, by nodding his head as he ended his sentence.

''Oh, you may feel my threats as mere words falling from a stupid female, who hasn't seen the world... but I will prove you wrong soon, You won't be going back home as the metal-hearted, heavy-headed, king Zayn Malik.... mark my words... "

With that she went back through the same place she'd come from. She turned and looked at Zayn, thinking that he'd change his mind, while gripping the coir. But, on seeing that he didn't budge from his place , she effortlessly climbed up the rope.

Zayn shut the windows, as soon as she was out of sight. He covered the window with the aubergine-coloured curtains, tightly shutting his eyes to forget everything that she'd said to him.

But her face kept flashing in front of his eyes. It was not like how you see someone you love when you close your eyes... he was seeing her image out of guilt...

.........

The people of Awadh, mourned at the death of their beloved leader, Minister Arvind Kumaar. People, men and their families , including many of his business alliances came to take part in the funeral.

People went by, placing their memories spent with a genial and loving human being , who was now up in the heavens, looking at his most loved wife and daughter, wailing in despair, looking at the lifeless body, that was covered with a white sheet, to conceal the bizarre - looking body.

One among the mourners was the King of Awadh , Pritvi Gupta, who was worried at losing a trusted friend and a perfect opportunity to marry Apsara.

He was more concerned about Apsara not being present in the ceremony, than the entire purpose of the funeral.

"Oh my poor Apsara couldn't be here to see her father !" Maya mourned, tears rolling down her face.

Her face had aged over the days, dark bags of stress had formed under her eyes, with the formation of a few more wrinkles on her forehead.

Parineeti heard her mother screaming, with not a single drop of the salty liquid releasing from his restless eyes. Her mind was somewhere else. Her mind kept creating new ways to execute her plan.

"Mother... d'you mind if I had a word with you?" She spoke softly.

"Yes dear, " Her voice came out in muffled cries.

Parineeti lead her Mother to her room, made her comfortable by offering her a seat on her bed.

"Mother, it was Apsara's plan... " She breathed....

________
Hey my little munchkins ? How ya doing? Sorry for the short update... and I have millions of excuses this time too. First of all, I have my exams which will continue till the end of March!!! And I am kept away from Wattpad for the moment. So I am updating this from my mobile phone... it is actually my mum's   -_-

We have reached 21K+ now! Can ya believe it? Cause I can't :p

Well this chapter has been dedicated to @GaganpreetKaur3 . I LOVE YOU DARLING!

Plus, shout out to my buddy @SiddhiDwivedi. .. make sure you check out her works! It's cool!!

That's all for now. gotta wind up before the phone dies lol !! Remember the next goal is 25K by the next update! I know we can do it!

Till then
Xoxo
sweetdreams199