57. Revelations- I

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"Sire, I desire for nothing! I'm glad that the outcome would be the downfall of my sister..."

"But why is it that you're so spiteful towards your sister?" Zafar asked, and Parineeti looked at him.

"It didn't start off from the day I first saw her in my mother's arms... it just started a few days back..." She said.

"Why?"

"Sire, I don't think you ought to know that..."

.....

What happened that following night, was what time would engrave in itself. The head of the family was to be dead, it was all precisely planned...It was thus, the beginning of misunderstandings, sorrows, and above all hatred.

.....

Apsara looked out of the window of the Lahori palace, thinking about her late father, and the wonderful moments they'd shared together. It was on his interest that she'd started to learn dancing. It was on his interest that she'd become a court dancer of Awadh, and later Lahore.

It was just a few minutes ago that Zafar'd left her room, and she was there all by herself in her room, watching the sun set behind the trees that naturally fenced the palace's wall.

But a knock on her door distracted her from her deep thoughts about her parent, and she turned around to see Jamila, who was forcing a smile. She still couldn't forget that day when Apsara'd broken their friendship.

Apsara still hadn't forgiven her, or probably it was just her ego, that she turned back again to look at the window, as if she hadn't noticed her. Since Apsara wasn't royalty, Jamila could enter the room without Apsara permission, but yet she felt that knocking on the door, which was clearly open, would be a sign her still being guilty, and if Apsara let her in, she would take it to be her gesture of forgiveness. 

Jamila sighed after standing there for a few moments. Apsara remained silent, pretending to watch the scene outside.

But the more she thought that a person was waiting outside, waiting for her end of blame and mercy, she turned towards her, "What have you come here for?" Apsara asked.

"I came here to talk to you, Apsara..." Jamila said, bowing her head.

"I fear that... since you'd betrayed me, you'd broken my trust when I needed it the most! When the king'd asked you, you could have said an answer favouring me...." Apsara faintly said in sorrow.

"See..." Jamila said giving a pause as she sighed, "I don't want to start this  conversation again... whatever happened has happened, and we can't do anything about it... it was fate!" Jamila said, raising her tone, while saying the last three words.

"And that had  cost the life of my father! Are you even aware of that!?" Apsara asked.

"Yes, I heard that King Zayn'd even bought land for your family..."

"For killing my father," Apsara completed Jamila's sentence.

"I know King Zayn had told that he would execute your family, but have you even heard of any King giving land as a compensation for a punishment that he'd ordered?" Jamila asked, trying to throw in some sense into Apsara.

"That's because I'd asked him to!" Apsara pointed to herself, correcting Jamila.

"Apsara, you don't know King Zayn as well as I do... he never treats his prisoners well... let alone buy them land..."