56. His Plan

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"But at least your family has land to live on.." Zafar softly spoke, which was opposite to the tone Apsara had.

"And that's the only reason why I am here, alive and breathing..."

Zafar caressed her hair, smiling to himself that he had started the flame of a huge forest- fire. All these days while the King was busy arranging the necessities for war, and Apsara's land, behind the wooden doors of the Queen Farhat's chamber was the ultimate plan that was boiling.

Zafar wanted the throne, and he, as well as the subjects knew he would do a better job than that of his brother. And he disproved his Mother that he wasn't smart, by creating the ultimate plan, which he was so discreet of that he only gave out the details to Farhat a few days back.

The plan that they wished ,would throw the ruler of Lahore, out of his peacock throne...

......

.Awadh.

Arvind Kumaar knew that something about the night was going to turn out wrong... every indication, he noticed, was warning him to be cautious for what was about to come.

And just as he saw a troop of men bearing the Lahori flag, he knew what was in store for him... and the last thing he would ever think was that he was going to be brutally murdered that night, in a way that nothing of his body was recognizable.

.....

The man rode his horse, like he was the ultimate authority, at least he had to act like he was sent by him. The mammal neighed furiously as he whipped it to go faster. The men who followed him, along with their leader stopped, as their eyes, which was the only part visible of theirs as the other parts were completely covered, met the gatekeeper, who had a shocked look in his face seeing a group of well built men, holding out their swords. 

It was the weak man's first night at work, as his uncle, who was the real guard, had gone to a far- off village for a few days. The man couldn't speak out, as all his voice dulled as he saw the people, around ten of them, angrily looking at their obstacle to get into the little castle.

The man bowed, shivering, but the Lahori men simply couldn't let go of one of the biggest potential witnesses they'd have. The man who'd planned everything, sitting on his black horse, was positioned in the front. He gave the man an arrogant look. He bent over so that his hand could grip the man's turban, as he stood at great height from the guard.

He looked at the man furiously, "Please leave me, Sire..." He begged.

"Are you even aware of who I am?" The mysterious man asked.

"No, sire... no.." The guard's face was turning paler from fright.

"I am Prince Zafar Abdul Shah of Lahore..." The Prince revealed his name, in his smooth voice, with no hint of expressions.

"And now that you know who I am-"  Zafar said bring the sword, close to his neck, and the man gasped, seeing the sharp blade, tickling his sweating neck.

"I don't want any witnesses... so I may have to..." He swiftly moved the sword through his neck, and he held the head of the man in air for a few seconds.

 "...kill you" He completed his sentence. The headless torso and the body of the man soon fell on to the ground, moving for a few seconds. Zafar threw away the head, smiling beneath the scarf that covered his lips, as he saw the man's blood on the ground. Zafar mentally praised him for marking his territory.

He whipped the horse, for it to move again. And all the other people that accompanied him rode inside the little castle with their horses.

.....