62. The Execution (Promise)

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"What happened to my Mother?" Zayn asked.

"She left the palace, after Zaisha was born..."

"No! That shan't happen! It was because of you! Despite you being the intruder to our life and happiness, why did you do this to me and my family?" Zayn asked at the end.

"Zayn if I could explain you why, it would take me years... but it was a plan made on a plethora of extreme unidentifiable emotions... maybe to the world and the years to come, people might think it was only because I'd wanted the throne to my own son, which is partly true... but there are many reasons which I, myself am not aware of..."

"I don't know about that, but to me, you and your son, are intruders..."

......

"So, what are you going to do to us? Embarrass us in front of the Lahori crowd for our act of treason?" Zafar, mockingly said, after a period of silence among the trio.

Zayn chuckled, amazed by his arrogance even after all of this had happened. 

"Zafar, please stay quiet!" Farhat warned.

"Is it execution or a few more days in this rotten prison of yours?" Zafar continued with his words, not heeding his mother's words.

"Ask those questions to yourself, Zafar," Zayn inched closer to Zafar, who breathed heavily with all the anger churning inside him. 

"If you reflect upon your doings, even for a moment, it will be quite clear of what punishment you and your Mother would be receiving," Zayn said with animosity.

"But before giving you the result of your deeds, I need to question one more individual..." Zayn called the guards who were standing next to Zayn.

"Ask Zahar Mahmood to arrive here immediately.." He authoritatively said.

The two men exited. "Why are you bringing that old man into this mess?" Zafar asked as the guards went.

"Your Mother said that he knew about my real Mother, right?"

.......

Zahar Mahmood walked through the narrow passage leading to the cell to which he was called. He winced as his nose smelt the mal- odour that filled the compact space, packed with prisoners of all sorts, walking up to the barred doors of their cells, looking clueless, as this was the shock of their lives to see the Queen, the Prince and now the loyal Minister walking through the deadly lane, within just the span of a day.

The area smelt like a mixture of unpleasantness, with the odour of fresh blood towards the end of the inhale of air. He wondered where it'd come from...

The Minister covered his nose, but the smell was too strong, but he walked with the men sent by the King, and all that he could think of was, why? Why me?

He opened the door of the cell, managing to bring a smile on his lips, which the King, of course, didn't give back. 

"I heard that you'd sent for me, Your Highness...Oh God!" Zafar exclaimed in shock seeing the condition of the Prince whose face was bloodied, while the Queen's eyes looked like she'd been crying from the past few days.

"What has happened to them, King Zayn?" Zahar asked.

"Oh well, they just got the reward for their acts..."

"Well what did they do, sire?" Zahar asked in genuine curiosity.

"Nothing that you might not know of, Mahmood..." Zayn coldly uttered.