6. Desire

Meanwhile, in Apsara's room, Varsha, Priya, Yamini and Nina, Apsara's friends and dancers, were opening the gifts that the King had given earlier, in the morning.

"Who's going first?" Varsha asked wiggling her eyebrows, holding out a velvet box.

"I'll go first!" Nina boldly said. She looked at the expectant group of girls and slowly opened the velvet case.

She gasped to find a beautiful necklace and a pair of ear- rings made of precious stones. The girls  couldn't control their surprise.

"This is just amazing!!" Yamini screamed, while Apsara placed a finger on her lip to quieten her, causing her to shrug. 

Varsha then opened her case, which was followed by Priya and Yamini.

"Now, you're left.." Priya said to Apsara, smirking naughtily. "He was staring at you the whole time, so he must have given you something special.." She added.

Apsara raised her eye brow and said, "I beg to differ... I don't think the King has any sort of attraction towards me.." She protested in a quieter voice not to wake the whole palace up.

"Yeah, he may not have any affection but I guess it's lust..." Varsha devilishly smiled.

"I bet he doesn't even want me close to him..." She said and went to sit on the dressing chair and looking at herself in the mirror, avoiding her friends.

"We'll see...." Varsha said standing behind her and kept Apsara's gift on the dressing table. "I'm going off to sleep.." Varsha yawned and walked towards the amazingly huge bed and cozied herself up.

Apsara sighed and stared at the box. Well, it's now or never.... Her conscience told her. She took the box in her hand and slowly opened it. 

She looked at the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.... It was a jewellery set just like her friends got but the stones were of supreme quality.... diamonds, rubies, emeralds, good Lord was it just a dream?

"Yeah, he may no have any affection but I guess it's lust..."

"I guess the King wouldn't want her roaming around, feeding ducks... I think what the king would want is her...."

Her mind replayed all the things everyone has said to her and her mind snapped back into reality. She set the box aside in fear... what if he really wants to.....?

No! Never! He's a good man, how could a man so handsome want me? Her innocent and insecure mind told her. She shut her eyes and she advised herself not to fall in love.

Her father had promised her from a young age that he would bring her the best groom the whole of Awadh had ever seen. She didn't want to break her father's heart by dreaming about a powerful and wealthy and above all, handsome Mughal King.

The idea of talking to him freely itself for her, seemed too far- fetched.

She removed him from her mind and joined her friends who were sleeping on the bed. She joined them and she slept at the end of the bed. She turned her body left and right to catch some sleep, but her mind continuously played all the times the King looked at her while she was dancing.

..............

 "Wake up, Apsara" Varsha chirped, patting Apsara's shoulder , but didn't budge.

"Come on... Jamila's calling us to see the pond... it's their feeding time!" Yamini said whispering sweetly next to her sleeping body.

Apsara, slowly got up groaning, with half- eyes opened. "You're only left to be ready..." Nina said while a voice interrupted them.

"Good morning..." Jamila said, standing at the door and the girls wished back.

"I don't want to rush you, but the ducks have to be fed soon... you can skip it if you're not interested, the servants will do it anyway.." Jamila said looking at Apsara.

"Okay... well, I need to have my bath, you all can go... don't miss your fun for me, I'll reach as soon as I can..."

Jamila bowed respectfully and left the room.

The girls stood up to leave. "Don't stay in the bath tub all day..." Priya teased.

"I won't... now go!" Apsara laughed and slightly pushed her friends and they left. Apsara closed the door of the room and went into her bathroom and closed it's entrance as well.

The bathroom was huge! Shiny ceramic tiles covered the floor. You could literally see your reflection from that tile! It was that neat.

There was a large bath tub aside of which many herbal bath oils were kept. The over- all view was breath- taking!

She stripped down from her heavy dress and walked to the bath tub. She grabbed a few oil bottles and checked its scent one by one. She chose the rose- scented one and massaged it all over her body.

She then lowered herself to the bath tub that was filled was lukewarm water. She felt peace and serenity as the water covered her body, except her head.

................

Jamila walked through the corridors, along with the girls to the the pond which was behind the palace.

"We have to be quick! I have kept the bread near the pond.." She spoke in a rushed tone as she walked in a fast pace.

"Jamila? Where are you running to?" A familiar voice called them from the distance, behind.

They all bowed their heads as they saw him. He walked towards them looking sideways as if looking for something.

"Where are you going?" He said to Jamila as he reached up to them. 

"We were taking them to feed ducks, sire" Jamila said, courteously.

"Good, well why isn't Apsara with you?" Zayn asked, raising his eye- brow.

Jamila stared at him wide eyed in surprise. "W-w-well...." She said while Zayn expectingly looked at her.

"She's having her bath..." She completed.

Zayn smirked but hid it immediately.Horrible thoughts crossed his mind.... "Okay... you may go.." He said while they walked away from him.

"One more thing... where's Mariam... isn't she supposed to be with you?" Zayn asked stopping them.

"Mariam hasn't slept a wink last night, I guess something's bothering her and she'd come only after a while at night.." Jamila frankly said.

Zayn looked down in guilt and nervously looked around.

"Do you know the reason, sire?" Jamila bit her tongue as soon as she said that.

Zayn looked at Jamila with anger. The other girls looked at Zayn and Jamila, afraid.

"I don't want questions to be asked!" He said, gritting his teeth.

"I'm very sorry, your majesty..." Jamila repented.

Zayn actioned them to run along and he swiftly turned around and headed towards her room....

_____

Woohoo~! The next chapter's gonna be kinda heated so yeah, amen to that :P #heatedmoments

Plus if you've liked the chapter add it to your reading list.... c'mon don't be shy! And vote and comment!

Note: If you vote/comment, Zayn's gonna be on your bed tonight!

So..... good luck :D

XOXO

sweetdreams199

P.S- Excuse the typos! :P xxx