61. The Intruder

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"You have to be lying! How could you? You practically lived off of this palace's luxuries and you gave it away to the Man that this land hates the most... why did you give it to him?" Zayn asked.

"To fund him for the war, he knew we were stealing from your wealth..." Farhat disclosed.

"I hope my Father's soul would be cursing you for doing this, but I won't stay idle, I will take all the necessary actions, but before I do that... I need you, Farhat, to tell me what happened to my real mother.... I want to hear your story.."

......

"I was the daughter of a shopkeeper near the river of Sutlej in Karachi, who sold earthen pots.." Farhat began.

"Life was horrible, my Mother , was terribly sick with some illness that my neighbours told was because of insanity... and she growing old, at a rate of which was shocking, some nights, she would scream her lungs out... and some nights she would laugh like it was the last joke of her lifetime she'd heard,"

" I had a younger brother, who was the only reason for my joy... when Father would leave the house to look after the shop, I would wish him good luck for the day and I would do the household chores, and look after my ailing mother and brother..."

"Our income was too little, but I tried my level best to not let it affect me..."

"And one day, when I got up, my Father wasn't there for me to wish my luck... I searched for him everywhere, and as a girl of fifteen, I couldn't travel everywhere to look for him... he was not there in his shop, nor did he come back home that day... our neighbours who came to our house to know what the situation was, told me, that he'd left us, because my Mother was mad! I denied the fact, but by the end of the dusk, I realized that night that he had gone... and he would never come back..."

"The next day, I woke up with a heart made of iron, I knew nothing would break me, as long as I believe... I took matters to my hands, I decided to run the shop by myself.... a lot of my friends of my age, told me I was acting crazy, and working and standing on one's feet was not the job of a woman...but I had to neglect all their words, only because I didn't want to see my family die of starvation..."

"I didn't know what to do... I didn't know how to count, or to sell the goods! I had vague recollections of my Father taking me to the shop to look at him work... I remember that random people would come and buy the pots in exchange of two or three coins..."

"The shop was located in the market, in the heart of the province... crowds of people bought goods from shopkeepers, who tried different, and quite bizarre methods to sell their things off...a lot of the people laughed looking at a girl running her father's business... but I didn't let it affect me... I looked at the pots, which were dusty and old, I guessed no one actually never bought it, so I thought of an idea,"

"I ran back home, and took two coins, from the savings that my Father'd made, and bought natural paint from the shop in the market, I returned back to my own, and dipping my fingers in the cool paint, I designed the pots with the my own hands! Some were green, some were bright red... and just when I took another pot to paint, a customer called me... I looked up to see the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on,"

"He looked at me smiling for a second, and he had an aura of propriety and discipline, and my heart of iron, began to melt... he had dressed rather simply, and he also had a companion, whom I noticed had an emerald ring, only worn by the royal family of Karachi... I shivered as I saw them after that discovery..."