64. A Visitor from the Orient

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"Nice people are limited, King Zayn..There are only a few good people left in this world now... If you find one, don't lose them, cherish their presence as they wont last long..." She said, and the King smiled. Apsara'd never felt this happy ever, in the past few days.

"I am sorry, King Zayn... I should've believed in you.." She finally said, breathing heavily.

"I forgive you, it not that hard to do that, especially when the person to forgive is you..." He said.

And they looked at the sunrise, delved deep into their individual ocean of thoughts, waiting for a new dawn...

......

"So, what do you see yourself doing in the next few years?" The monarch asked, looking at Apsara, shifting his gaze from the Sun which was beaming in the horizons. The King usually never had time for engaging in arbitrary conversations with anyone, as he knew it would end aimlessly. But with Apsara, all his ethics and beliefs, contradicted... he believed in things which he never did, he saw the world through different eyes.

"I don't know, King Zayn, a few years back, I dreamed of being the most well- known dancer of Hindustan-" She looked at Zayn, who was chuckling.

"Aren't you the best dancer already?" Zayn asked.

"It's not that, Your Majesty... I didn't dream of being a court dancer in the first place, I just wanted this palace as a platform for my career... and here I am," She sighed, smiling, looking at the King, who expression'd dulled, his eyes, pulling down, showing nothing but hurt.

"You aren't happy being here?" He knew the answer to that, himself, "Or aren't you happy being with, me?" Apsara's eyes widened, as she understood that the conversation had steered towards their relationship with each other.

"King Zayn, as far as you know me, I reckon that you've perceived me to be one of the most honest... truth to be told, I was initially frightened in your presence, I was afraid of even looking you in the eye, and slowly, my fear turned into anger, fueled by my captivation... I thought that I could fight you by saying hateful things, to hurt your conscience, and the things that I'd heard from others, only inflamed my animosity towards you... but after life'd given me an opportunity to analyse my opinions about you, I began seeing a different side of yours, the kinder, the warmer and the loving side...the truth is, the bridge of despise I'd built between us, has shattered, and the remains have been buried in the sands of time..."

The King smiled, "Apsara... don't ever stop from being truthful, I love you that way," He whispered, he took her hands in his, with such delicateness, that shocked Apsara slightly, the softness of the King, was a complete contrast to the way he was depicted.

"I don't want you to leave me ever again, don't even think about it, you're the only person that I can now rely on, a support to let out my emotions," He said, and Apsara looked deep into his eyes, smiling.

"I promise, I wont..." She breathed, falling for him, all over again.

......

"Your Majesty, you have a visitor from the land of China," Zahar said, as Zayn read a few papers in his private office, in the afternoon.

Zayn's head jolted up, hearing the word, China. The land of mystery, intelligence and intricate art with deep meanings. The land of China, or the Orient, was a land that he had heard so much of, yet he knew nothing about it...

The King smiled, thinking about having his first guest from the Orient.

"Well, who is he?"

"He's a monk," The minister said. "He said that he wanted to meet you, to tell your future!" Zahar laughed.