10. Cold- Blooded

"There are a lot of things, you need to know about Zayn...' Zafar whispered to Apsara as they walked through the open ground, with a light breeze, calming their souls.

"I've been hearing a lot about him, actually I couldn't push him away at that time..." Apsara said in the same volume as Zafar, slightly embarassed with the things which happened earlier, this morning, to her.

"He has his eyes on you, Apsara.. but he's done a lot of hideous things to people..." Zafar poured out with a tone of disappointment.

Apsara stared at him, wide- eyed. She couldn't make out what he meant by "hideous things".

"There's nothing to be surprised about..." Zafar said, understanding her shocked expression. Apsara calmed herself down and Zafar continued speaking.

"...he's a cold- blooded man with no humanly feelings..." Zafar said and before Apsara could say or ask anything, Zafar continued," He's destroyed the lives of many people, he's killed women...and.. even..." Zafar said, fearing to finish his words.

"Tell me... what has he done?" Apsara demanded with a scowl. 

"He's...destroyed women without their consent..."   Zafar completed his unfinished words. 

Apsara couldn't hold in the pain in her heart, after hearing his words which pierced her like arrows. She felt the air thickening and her hands trembling with fear. She stopped in her tracks as she couldn't move them. Her mind just couldn't process that she's been living from the past two days with cheater, a muderer ,a killer!

All the warnings, her friends and her family had given to her finally made sense. He's no good. Her mind finally stated. She knew what Zafar said was true as all the people have hinted her to stay away from him, and also there was a fact that Apsara believed Zafar eventhough she's just met him from the past two hours or so.

Tears threatened her eyes. She cupped her mouth to stop herself from screaming. 

"He's slaughtered many of his subjects and..." Zafar couldn't end his words, when Apsara raised her palm in the air, pleading him to stop saying all the horrible things Zayn has done.

Apsara didn't even bid farewell to Zafar and sprinted towards her room, sobbing as she ran.

Zafar stood in the middle of the ground with his intial expression changing into a wicked grin as she was out of sight.

.........

Zayn entered his abode, the palace, riding on his majestic Belgian Black horse, with Zahar just behind him on another horse. The horse galloped through the soil, catching the attention of the servants who put down all their work and stood in a neat line, and salaamed the King and his loyal minister. 

Zayn rode the horse with anger due to the "market incident" earlier. He frowned and whipped the horse earning a neigh of pain from it, which Zayn ignored as he just wanted to reach his room as soon as possible. 

The monarch and the minister reached the royal stable and got down from their "vehicle" and tied the horses with a rope into a hook, keeping the animal in place. He walked inside the palace with Zahar just behind him, as always. Zahar could already sense the King's worries, but just shut his mouth so that the King could work his problems on his own.

"Call up all the people to have lunch, by all the people I mean, all the ministers and workers of the court, do you understand!?" Zayn ordered harshly. But Zayn repented his words as soon as he said them.

"I'm sorry, I shoudn't have spoken that way... please invite the ministers and workers of the court..' Zayn corrected.

Zahar smiled slightly at Zayn's correction and bowed his head and walked away.