50. Shehryar

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

Apsara turned to face the area beyond her home, which would soon be someone else's. She let herself drench in the nature's shower, sobbing helplessly, the tears mixing with the rain.

But then she felt a sudden shift of air..

"Apsara, get back here!" Her mother yelled from behind.

.........

"Your Highness, it is high time that you considered trying other allies of yours to provide you armour," Said Zahar Mahmood, as they held a meeting in the lush, open gardens of the palace.

"I'm sorry, but what were you talking about?" King Zayn asked, looking perplexed as Zahar spoke.

He could only think about the accusations that Apsara raised against him. He, even in his dreams, didn't think of killing his lady love's father! And when her eyes were full of tears, containing hatred, spewing all her anger on him, he simply couldn't stand that.

He wondered how she would've thought that it was him, out of all people who killed him.

"Sire, I meant we need to see who's next on our list of allies..." Zahar said.

"We had a list?" Zayn asked, raising his eyebrow.

Zahar cleared his throat, a thing he did when he was irritated. But as the old man feared for his dear life, he replaced his expression with a pleasant one, pulling out a scroll, and handing it over to the King.

The King slightly shuffled on the silk carpet that was laid on the fresh grass, in order to take the scroll from Zahar.

He eyed through the contents, scanning the names which have been cut. He slightly chuckled seeing who was next on the list.

"What's the matter, Your Majesty?" asked Zahar.

"I'll borrow weapons from a lady?" He laughed, handing the scroll back to Zahar, "Now that's the funniest thing I've heard!"

"That lady is your Aunt, King Zayn, your Father, King Abdul Shah's youngest sister.."Zahar said quite sternly.

"Queen Shehryar Shah of Pataudi..." smiled Zayn, looking at the distance. "A rather interesting person...." He added, looking at his minister.

A servant came, serving the King black tea. He sipped on it, gulping the hot liquid, "The only obstacle is to resist her annoying predictions..."

......

"It's been quite a long time, hasn't it?" Shehryar hugs her nephew, upon reaching Pataudi, guiding him through her hall for private meetings.