27. Deadly as a Serpent

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"Guards!..." King Zayn ordered, "Take away these intruders for two days confinement... make sure that there are no threats in this place..." He commanded.

The guards did so, taking away a screaming Parineeti and Suraj... "Send a letter to King Pritvi about this!" He said to another of his guards..

"And... make sure this woman doesn't see the outside world until I say it's fine to do so.." He says looking at the woman, who'd just torn his heart into pieces, the woman who'd led Zayn to stifle his tears in front of the crowd... Apsara.

"I request everyone to get back to their rooms, especially you Apsara... you disobey me and you'll face the consequences.."

........

It was very wrong.... what he did was very, very wrong. Her body shivered, debilitated to his power.. yes she admitted defeat. She wasn't strong enough for the King's orders...the King's order to behead her family... She felt that the decision of hers to set foot in this hell of a palace, was the biggest gaffe she'd ever done... 

She accepted that she'd lost, she was mentally annihilated and physically vulnerable...

But little did she know that her fragile- self had actually won the battle of emotions... she'd indeed created a depression on the Monarch's, which was brimming with melancholy...

Jamila, held Apsara's hand while the King yelled another order, "Head back to your rooms, everyone! Everything's over now!"... Jamila, turned around with Apsara, guiding her to the room, her whimpers were like bullets of iron aimed towards the King... with each whimper, he felt like a fresh bullet was piercing his heart, with the coldness of the metal, making contact with his warm, beating heart...

And Apsara's mouth was the trigger, with a precise aim towards Zayn...

He didn't intend to hurt her this way, he was heartsick to the point where his words didn't matter to him at all... his inner demons controlled his body, possessing his soul of gold, stretching his mind to do the most evil things... 

He felt that the demons in him had woken up, tearing his flesh and conscience, one at a time, feeding on it like a parasite, spewing out the most wicked things to his ears... he'd move according to its command, not paying heed to the Angels warnings, his conscience was stolen by them...

But the spiteful remarks that Apsara made, humiliating his love towards and devaluing it to the point of nil, made him a beast, how Parineeti named him.. he had yet another jewel on his turban...

The devil was conquering his body one by one, ravishing his vulnerability... it was time it was sent back.. it was time that it was tamed, sending it back to where he belonged... to hell.

Zayn stopped Jamila, who abruptly halted her walking... she turned around with Apsara who looked away from the King in a new found fear...

"Did you know anything about this, Jamila?" She knew what he was referring to...

A spasm of presentiment washed over Jamila's expressive face... she stood still in a dilemma, gulping in fear, though she hadn't swallowed anything.

She looked over her shoulder at Apsara, whose face was drenched in agony... but she also dared to look at the Monarch, expectant for an answer, though his face too hid a doleful story...

She didn't know what to say, her staying in the palace was important... the earnings she got from the King was the only source of income for her family, as she had a sick, bedridden husband, with five kids to look after...